Hello gang. Last day of work today. Yippee. Hope it is for you to. You know my mantra, stick it to the man and leave early.
I've been getting my Mid-Century On lately and here's a little look-see for you. A couple of weekends ago, a group of capital 'L' Ladies gathered at another capital 'L' Lady's abode for some vintage swapping and general raconteuring.
I've been getting my Mid-Century On lately and here's a little look-see for you. A couple of weekends ago, a group of capital 'L' Ladies gathered at another capital 'L' Lady's abode for some vintage swapping and general raconteuring.
I was lucky enough to come home with boxes of delights including the above Norwegian glass vase, and that cute little brown vase of unknown origin. Most of my treasures came from the very generous Jo of the Desire to Inspire blog.
Helen threw some ittala glasses our way. I've ditched the melamine tumblers and the Solid Gold Dancers have gone all sophisticated and have been knocking back some Water Cocktails in frosted Finnish glass.
The piece de resistance for me, however, is the large Arabia Ruska platter and brown West German serving dish. Brown. Brown. Brown. They're both being lathered in coconut oil and heading to the Coast for Christmas.
Meeting up with these Ladies appears to becoming an annual event and the group gets larger and larger and funnier and funnier and the rugs get shaggier and shaggier. I feel quite The Fraud because they're all Capital 'C' creatives and I deal with dead people's legal quandaries. Nothing conversation-worthy about dead people's legal quandaries. Let me tell you.
Here's some of the vintage treasures that (mostly Jo) brought along. Brown. Brown. Brown. As far as the eye can see!
And of course, I wouldn't be anybody if I didn't make an appearance the California Design Exhibit at the Queensland Art Gallery. I left the Solid Golds outside to ponder the Studebaker and lounge about on some expensive Eames furniture ... like they do that everyday ... while I enjoyed myself Solo.
Here's some visuals for those of you who can't make the Exhibition. I must say I enjoyed meandering around by myself and pondering things in silence.
I got swept-up in the Eames movie which is really just a fillum of stills ... but I really felt at-One with Ray and Charles and really dug where they were coming from photowise.
You know what the below planter is saying to me? It says, make me into a Pyssla decoration for the Christmas tree why don'tcha?
What do you want for Christmas? Done all your shopping? Excited? What time will you finish work? How much do you reckon an Eames coffee table would be? Do you usually answer the forced questions at the end of blog posts which are only there to encourage reader participation?






Don't know what I want for Christmas. Shopping done and wrapped. I'm anal like that. Quite excited - all my family are arriving Monday for 3 nights so excited but busy. Last day of work for me today. Absolutely no idea what an Eames coffee table is worth but imagine a lot. No I don't usually answer the forced questions but thought I would make an exception for you.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas.
Enjoy your break from dead people's wills.
xxx
Christmas sounds exciting with the family coming. It's also a relief I'm sure to know everything's done. Thanks for answering the questions, Merry Christmas to you and yours. Stay cool. xo
DeleteYes, the forced question. I've mastered that lately...I fear blog reading is (ie people reading my blog) is dead. Lol!
ReplyDeleteWe know some cool people don't we? And I wish I were more creative too...
Hope you have a great Chrissy. I'm hoping Santa brings me a new Bose digital radio...but I fear it will just be inappropriate underwear...May something brown and Scandinavian feature among your gifts.
Some people do the forced question better than others, don't you worry. Aren't people reading anymore? I wonder that too. It's always pretty quiet around here. I taint you with the Creative brush. You know your stuff. And a Bose radio! Snazzy. The husband would like one of those but I got him hand cream instead. I hope I'm getting a book on Robert Brownhall.
DeleteLots of brown vinegarettes there.
ReplyDeleteSure are.
DeleteI'm so speechless with all the brown coming your way. Have a lovely Christmas!
ReplyDeletexo
Hello Debbish, brown is one of my favourite colours. I hope that parcel arrives soon. You have a wonderful Christmas. Stay warm and kiss that grandson of yours. Give Mr LC a big hug from me. Christmas blog post maybe?
DeleteLooks like a party I'd enjoy! Love all the brown goodness and holiday cheer. The California Design Exhibit looks like fun too. I have that style Architectural Pottery planter in a different stand and love it! I've done all my Christmas shopping and have everything wrapped. That's a first! I'm usually jumping through my arse on Christmas Eve. Hope you and all your family have a wonderful holiday.
ReplyDeleteYou, m'Lady would fit right in! In fact, I think you and your Texan accent ! would be the star of the show! Impressed that you're on target for the big day. I think I'm pretty much organised but will panic come Tuesday when I realise I'm missing a key ingredient or I've forgotten something. I have to drag half my kitchen on holidays in order to cook. I've never heard the phrase 'jumping through my arse'! Hilarious!
DeleteLOL Dana! I love that 'phrase'
ReplyDeleteI would love to join this classy group of ladies and their brown wares!
Not sure, mmmm yes, excited getting there? Finished work and ready to bid on the Eames! Xx
Great eye candy! We just had an exhibition in LA at the County Museum, of California midcentury design. So fun. They even had a big beautiful Airstream!
ReplyDelete