Saturday, March 1, 2014

Bardon House

Abject poverty can be a thorn in one's side, can't it?


If I wasn't abjectly impoverished, I'd make an offer on this place. Here's the linkage.


 It's in the suburb of Bardon and it's just around the corner from me. We pass it everyday and I've had my eye on it for years.

I've got to say, it looks better on the inside than it does on the outside.


But I prefer houses that way.


I think that's a copper-panelled wall into the kitchen. Honestly.
 

 White laminate benches. Truly, laminate shouldn't be made in any other colour. 

And that whisper of orange tiles ...




I don't want glimpses of the City.


I see it every day from the bus. City Schmity.

13 comments:

  1. Oh Carmel, it's so lovely! Perfect IMO in every way. Copper panelling (hello!), orange tiles, white laminate (I agree), all those lovely windows, those deep boxy gutter thingies (?), and a pool which I know you want too!
    I'm with you on a plain exterior. It's good to keep people guessing...never judge a book by its cover and all that. I like that element of surprise.
    I wish you could afford to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could afford to buy it too. Oh well. It is pretty cool.

      Delete
  2. Hearing you on the poverty front! Try being in the cattle industry at the moment!
    Beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could just imagine how hard you're doing ... and then with three kids at boarding school. Ye gods!

      Delete
  3. At least the black and white bedroom curtains turn this story from a tragedy to a comedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do find some of the soft furnishings and furniture a bit naff, but I have a knack of ignoring the innards and imagining what it could look like. I generally even don't like coloured walls.

      Delete
  4. geez, that kitchen was in my aunt and uncles house! Freaky! Pretty sure they had lime green laminate though. It took a suprisingly long time for them to renovate that too. Love the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you stood by and let your uncle and aunt renovate!?

      Delete
  5. What massive rooms and all those windows with gorgeous green outlooks. Can see why you love this house, have you written that list yet? Get to work girl, stuff the abject poverty, will that house to find you! mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T.hey are big rooms aren't they? Bliss really. I haven't written the list. It includes four bedrooms, a rumpus room, two bathrooms, a car port, and suspiciously cheap.

      Delete
  6. Oh, what a beautiful house, and how I understand finding houses that are beyond the budget! I think we suffer from taste that outreaches our pocketbooks. One of these days, you will find the perfect house though, and so will we. Someone whose taste runs to McMansions will inherit a mid-century gem and want to dump it cheap and will hire a realtor too ignorant about modernism to tell him not to. We're both waiting for that perfect combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Champagne taste! That does sound like a perfect combination - style on one hand and ignorance on the other. Fingers crossed, Lady! (Would you really be willing to leave the granny flat?)

      Delete
  7. Oh it's wonderful. I know what you are saying re champagne tastes. Our house looks pretty average from the outside...but it's once you enter through the doors that you know it's something special. I have my fingers crossed for you. 2014 is your year! xx

    ReplyDelete