Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dresses: Australian and Finnish


I came home with the Gorman 'Yes' Dress the other day. I was sick of dreaming about it, so I thought 'what the hell'. And I love it. It feels fab. It's like wearing a painting.
 

One of my friends just returned from a trip to Finland and brought me home a Marimekko newspaper.


Filled with, amongst other things, photos of beautiful dresses.


I'd love to wear anyone of these to work everyday.


They're the sort of items you could have forever.


Short post.

12 comments:

  1. mmm. I'm loving the rainbow mumu in the long grass.
    i can see us Marimekkoing over a latte at Goma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put me down for either, when I grow up I want to wear Gorman too! Pic with you in it would help :) ...very pleased for you, now you have a dress to match your Ouch Bead! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these dresses! Good on you for grabbing one for yourself. I'm a big fan of higher neck dresses (I am sure there is a fashion term for this, but I am void of fashion terminology...)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, and I mean LOVE! those Marimekko frocks. I have the Gorman sale section saved on my favourites. Haven't purchased yet. It's getting too hot to think of buying Winter clothes, and I can't really afford the current stuff. I have bought my first pair of Hasbeens though, so I am feeling very cool indeed! Ha! I'm glad you gave in and treated yourself Carmel -you deserve it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I think that I could be mrs Yarno Something right now, and live in Finland and have scandi babies and scandi cats, I bite myself. But I said no to mr Yarno Something and let him go. I could be the friend living in Finland sending you Marimekko magazines by now. Oh. Now I'm sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was cracking up so hard reading this!


      Nothing says fun like a good frock!

      Delete
  6. Long on style for a short post!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh - so pretty! My mum is Finnish, she's nuts about Marimekko.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fell for a Norwegian boy once... now Bobbi's got me thinking about that. Hmmm.

    Love the frocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice - would love to see a modelling shot of you in the dress!

    ReplyDelete