Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Crackers

My mother loves Christmas crackers. I don't like them. I think they're stupid. But if someone were to serve up some Liberty crackers I'd be willing to wear one of those stupid paper hats and be the first to tell a lame joke. With a posh English accent.

From here. Gorgeously lavish, aren't they?

15 comments:

  1. Holy moly ... they're for real! 45 pounds indeed! You wouldn't want any dissent around the Xmas table when it comes to wearing funny hats with the price of those crackers, would you? On the plus side, you could be very matchy matchy with your Xmas day ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LittlemissA-G, 45 pounds indeed. I'm hoping the toys include a die-cast Princess Di. Nothing less for me. One of the crackers match a skirt of Martha's. I'm sure I could get a matching shirt at my favourite purveyor of Liberty shirts. 45 pounds is a bit steep though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are AWESOME! But I couldn't actually use them - they'd have to be framed or something :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you bought enough you could make another patchwork quilt. They must have remarkable treats in them and really funny jokes. I'm a bit with you on the futility of the cracker but people seem to need them at Christmas. It is after all, an endurance event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, but I wouldn't use them, just have them for display :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crackers are pretty but definitely not Christmas-y looking to me. HOW MUCH ARE THEY? WOW!!!! Better have some top notch hats and jokes in them.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even Christmas crackers existed. If we are talking about the same thing I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that those are too pretty to snap open!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd bring them out every year and gaze at them, then put them back! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm making my own this year. They'll be cracking!
    Got any good jokes?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am reeling.... What could be better than Christmas crackers? How can ANYBODY hate Christmas crackers...???? Mind you, I'm probably feeling a bit nostalgic because there hasn't been a whif of a Christmas cracker in this part of the world, ever. Perhaps I need to get some toilet rolls and crepe paper and get crafty. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. smällkarameller in swedish,
    i assume?!
    getting ready for the holidays?
    i am such a sucker for christmas.
    right now enjoying the snow...the mulled wine...the being spoiled at my parents house...the sauna! ahhhh!

    you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are gorgeous. Shame they require the guests to donate a kidney each in order to fund them. Found something moomin for you at the oppie yesterday, can you email me your address and will post you a little xmas prezzie. mel x ( my email is at top right of blog)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know I was thinking as I read this that I bet you and the solid gold dancers could make really awesome crackers .

    ReplyDelete