Thursday, November 15, 2012

Interiors

There's a certain shop in Paddington with which I have a love-hate relationship.

I love all the things inside, but I hate the fact I feel like I'm being suckered into 'trends' by admiring everything on display. But that's my crazy problem.


It really does have nice stuff.


Like these chairs.


I bought a couple of these crumpled glasses.


But I really have a yearning for a Modernica planter. 
 
I yearn to the point of feeling ill.

23 comments:

  1. Got those books, and a yearning for one of those planters too...aren't you meant to be saving your pennies for a lovely 70's split level???

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is that I spend all my money on furnishing the house I don't have. I'm scared to look in the 70s 80s 90s edition in case I fall in love with it.

    Modernica's the best in my books. I'd push an old lady over to have one of their sofas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warning. Maybe this old lady can grab one of the planters while you're pushing another old lady over on the way to the sofas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, you'll have to push this old lady out of the way first.

    MMMC, I'll take the sofa too. I can hardly stand the suspense...which house will it be?? I've been furnishing my home of the future for years too. Remember my appliance score? First things first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't dare push you out of the way either, MCM. I remember your appliance score. You have to have furniture and appliances otherwise a house with nothing in it is just silliness.

      Delete
  5. Thanks now I feel I'll, very ill and if someone does not get me that planter for Xmas ...I just won't cope!

    Ps if you buy all these nice things, someone will just have to build a nice home around it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect you could make a planter like that, Pippa.

      Delete
  6. You bully!
    Poor innocent little old ladies.
    And you'd fit into that magnificent plantar while llol sits comfortably on those heavenly leather chairs drinking R&C from the collapsing glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leather chairs were spectacular. I have a plant for the planter.

      Delete
  7. Those planters are my kind of planters. And I can keep an agave alive too. I'm yearning for a MCM house too... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know of your yearnings Brismod. M-C yearnings are palpable. A planter such as the one above would look good in your place.

      Delete
  8. MMMC you need to get yourself to my house soon. I have 6 of those chairs bought for the grand total of $68 from Katherine. 4 are damaged (from badly to push it up against the wall and no one will notice) but 2 are in good shape. I had dreams ... but now I have no time, too much furniture, my tastes are all over the place (must be menopause) and I need room in my shed for more crap. Get your people to talk to my people and come visit with Anita and Katherine. Katherine will need to bring her new car/van :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mid-Century Jo, I haven't yet thanked you for the last lot of booty you sent my way. You are way to generous. Way.To.Generous. But I'm happy to take the chairs if that's what you really want. But I have to give you something in return.

      Delete
  9. yes I can see what you mean but I reckon youve just got to get over the hate part pull out the credit card and start buying some of that fine looking lurv.

    The planter is seriously devine I remember them from my childhood and pray they made it through the years intact for people like us to drool over and maybe purchase.
    I would eat homebrand bakedbeans for a year to own some of those lovely objects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homebrand baked beans, eh? Right we're eating from tins from now on.

      Delete
  10. im a fan of those crumpled glasses!

    and i know that feeling, in general i very much dislike feeling like i 'need' these things that when come to think of it i actually don't...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarapirat, that's exactly the feeling. You've never thought of something and then you see it and suddenly it's all you can think of. How does that work?

      Delete
  11. I LOVE those crumpled glasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, you love those glasses because they look broken, but they're not!

      Delete
    2. Gee, I never thought of that!

      Delete
  12. Oh my, that blue wren cushion. I need it.
    I have been admiring the white ceramic versions of those crumpled cups.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thought you would like to know I personally know were a set of eight leather dining chairs with matching extendable dining table currently resides and has resided since 1975.... My parents dining room. My step mum hasnt replaced these chairs yet after 10 years of marriage to my dad god that went quick.

    ReplyDelete