Sunday, November 25, 2012

Back to the grindstone


Who remembers Amanda Vanstone? I've always had a soft-spot for Amanda. She was a Minister when my career was in politics, as opposed to now. She's got guts and gumption.


Here she is helping Christopher pour some boiling water.


I can't recall calls of 'misogyny' when she was being criticised about her weight and her dress sense. I guess it's a sign of the times.


Swimming.


Piano. 

When some swimmers start misbehaving at the piano recital, you know it's time for them to be dragged home when their older siblings glare at them.


Next fortnight I'm relieving in a higher position. Nervous. A lot can go pear-shaped when I've got control of the reins. There's only one thing for it. A bit of O-D on the bus home.

12 comments:

  1. You are on the fast track to the top, Mrs! You and Amanda. You are more stylish though it has to be said. Sorry Amanda.
    I also love the swimming ensemble. Most important to always wear a smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funyny. She's smiling in every photo. Foolish child, because when she's let go of, she sinks to the bottom! Amanda does dress funny.

      Delete
  2. That's quite a glare ... he'll make a fine dad one day.
    All the best for the next fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you!!! Does that Martha ever stop smiling? I guess when she's tormenting piano virtuosos.

    p.s. Answer my email!!!
    signed, Ms Bossy Pants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a smiley child. I think she thinks she's older and more capable than she is. I'll find your email and respond.

      Delete
  4. That is quite a glare but what was he doing with the white board marker??

    Amanda, did you ever hear the Agony Aunt she did on ABC local radio last year? It was solid gold.

    You'll be super this fortnight, you'll own it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. He was up to no good with that marker ... about to put our name down for some donation or whatever.

      I went to work this morning chanting 'you'll own it!' Monday. So far so good!

      Delete
  5. Bring it on. The woman's a virtuoso. You can do it.
    Did the glare work as his sister strutted her stuff and he was all set to pinch the marker or draw something politically incorrect?
    Maybe that's what the swimmer was about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Father stole the swimmer away. Lucky we live across the road.

      Delete
  6. I so would love to visit! Your babes are priceless! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't get a whiff within those children, because I'd steal all your attention.

      Delete