Last night I came home to find my tassels! All the way from the so-talented Pippa!
I'm only going to show you one, because the others are hanging on a piece of furniture which needs a good soak of polish. And those tassels deserve better than to be photographed on an unpolished wardrobe. YES, THEY DO!!
We've tightened our belts around here lately because we're saving mula for a pad of our own, and I'm like ... what's known in theatrical circles as ... a cat-on-a-hot-tin-roof.
So to spend, not really much at all, and receive two beautiful tassels and an extra one and a gorgeous ceramic bead made by the Pipster herself ... I was beside myself! Thanks Pippa. I absolutely love them.
(Though I'm still desperate for the Gorman Yes! Dress which would look fab accessoried-up with tassels ... but I promised to control myself.)
Read this book last weekend.
One word. And that word is: Disturbing.
Discuss?




Very disturbing book. Read it years ago. Don't want to read it again although found it an amazing read the first time. Haunting concepts of possessing beauty at any cost. Think they were making a movie out of it - not sure how this would go.
ReplyDeleteLoving the tassels.
Have a good weekend.
(Memo to self - there is nothing wrong with pronouns. Should use more often.)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteA Farmer's Wife,
Deletelove a discussion! Yes, it was an amazing book to read. I read it in two sessions. I was shocked how it ended, but have come to realise it was the perfect ending. I heard a movie has been made, and I wonder how they could interpret the book visually. Pronouns? Overrate them. Want to pass the book onto someone else to read.
i'll read it.
DeleteRead the book years ago and yes it was disturbing. It wasn't the right moment for me to read book like that, I was in a very particular time of my life and so I almost hated it. Lately I decided to avoid these kind of books for a certain time, I need to lighten up. Life is short and the moment is hard enough by itself. If I'm not wrong dustin Hoffman was in the movie.
ReplyDeleteMy cats would love those tassels. They would last 0,5 seconds in my house.
Bobbi,
Deleteyes, it's pretty heavy and upsetting. Dustin Hoffman probably was in the movie. I could imagine him.
The cats would tear those tassels to shreds. Little monkeys. I like your new etsy shop. I think you're necklaces are beautiful.
Your tassels are absolutely divine, and so is the bead! Pippa is top-notch in every way!
ReplyDeleteOK...You've made me want to read the book. I vaguely remember seeing the film, but it was unremarkable, so I don't even remember much of the plot.
Dana,
DeleteI'm keen to see where Pippa takes her ceramics. I'd love to be able to do pottery and have her talent.
I always worry about book suggestions. I think the book was borderline 'horror'. I never read 'horror'. I'm going to ask my friend why he gave it to me to read. I'm glad he did though.
I almost want to obtain that Gorman dress for you just so I can see how you will accessorise it with said tassels!
ReplyDeleteLove the tassels and loved that book when it came out years ago. I was in a very good place when I read it which is a good thing. So many deep and metaphorical themes. Never bothered with the movie. How can you make a film about smell? There are still scenes that haunt me. His birth and death are foremost in my mind. Still it is a most thought provoking read. I think enough time has passed for me to have a reread again.
ReplyDeleteSaving for a pad is very exciting too. Do you have and E.T.A.?
P.S. Nice to see Noodle II mixing it up with the literati!
ReplyDeleteCool tassles! She's got the right stuff that Pippa. I'm not much of the reader, but now I am intrigued. Movie may be the way to go. xx
ReplyDeleteYour tassels are really cool just like the maker and the new owner! xx
ReplyDeleteAh the book - when you first said you were reading it I wanted to say NOOOOOO. Why, because I am still haunted by the horrible man that is the lead character. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteLovely tassels. Should I read that book?
ReplyDeleteI've read the book and seen the movie. Traumatised and fascinated at the same time. Movie is amazing, I had a copy but I think someone *borrowed* it and it's gone! Book different, there is obviously more in the book that the movie. Were you joking about Dustin Hoffman in the movie? Cos he is....
ReplyDeleteOh, and for MLC- I found this enjoyable compared to The Slap. THAT'S 'ugh'! haha
ReplyDeleteCall me slack but I have been remissed on my reading of blogs, thanks for the lovely comments guys! xx and I'm so pleased you love the tassels and bead, now that they have their tassel bling, they will be even better! xx not sure if I could handle said book, I'm a sook!
ReplyDelete