This is what I'm reading at the moment.
It's gorgeous ... the houses are certainly different from those in the 50/60/70 edition ... but they're just as fabulous.
And I'm reading this ...
I bought it after reading this article ( http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/books/2013/07/the-book-that-will-make-you-want-to-never-drink-again.html ) in The New Yorker.
For some people it's a slippery slope to alcoholism, and for me, who has to knock-back-one-or-two-glasses-of-wine-a-night, its my greatest fear.
I'm not an alcoholic yet, so don't worry.
Why am I writing so many posts? Because some genius flooded our building on Tuesday morning, and no one has been allowed in since.
Yippee!
No vino for me for three weeks now (and I've started running!) I know, it's enough to make you sick!!!
ReplyDeleteKnew you'd like the book x
p.s. I hope they take their sweet time draining your building (or whatever it is they do when a building floods?)
I'd like to know how your running is going. I do occasionally cast my mind to the thought of exercise, but exercise always leads to injury ...
DeleteGreat book.
Hooray for randomly flooding office buildings! And yes in your profession it is a slippery slope... xx
ReplyDeleteSlippery slope indeed. Work shouldn't be so stressful.
DeleteYippee! Everything in moderation, mother.
ReplyDeletexo
Good point, Debbish.
DeleteIt's my birthday today (11th) and I'm a having a few drinkies. My darlings have all left home (and now the country). One arranged for a bottle of Hendricks gin (a rare treat) and another a bottle of Bolly champers. The third sent tickets for a new theatrical production of George Orwell's "1984". My two favourite things - good quality alcohol and a good read (although adapted into a play). Cxx
ReplyDeleteI forgot your birthday was so close to mine! Happy birthday fellow Virgo. I'd love to see a performance of 1984. I asked a couple of colleagues the other day if they'd read it, can you believe they hadn't?!
DeleteI'm away from the computer for a few days and you've written a whole bunch of back to back Posts! How are things on the home front? Our friends have had a lot of experience with au pairs, just one was a bit of an issue as she spent 3 hours in front of the mirror doing her make-up every morning! Yes, yes, a slippery slope, an occupational hazard for a lot of professions as well as stay at home Mums I could add. I failed Dry July but gave August a red hot go and except for the one night that we had lunch at a friends, I did it! Now it's business as usual but everything in moderation as Deb said. I'm enjoying your book choices you Post here too by the way. Might bookmark this one. Have a great weekend! Mel x
ReplyDelete