Thursday, July 10, 2014

Stroll

Today we took a late afternoon stroll around the neighbourhood to check out other houses and gardens.



The suburb is packed with houses built during the 60s and 70s.


And almost every house has some element which shows potential.


I see plants in my garden replicated in almost every house in the area. If only we had some rain to colour the grass.


Many houses are hidden behind lush gardens. 

Given the suburb is heavy with retirees, I expect it to see a massive demographic change when the current residents get too old to stay in their homes. Sad but true.



We really are in the thick of suburbia, and it's quite obvious that residents are house proud.




I'm so stoked to be here.



The streets are quiet so I predict Santa having to bring a collective noun of BMX bikes. All the Solid Gold Dancers need is for an big-eyed alien to be left behind by his space-craft and we'll have a cinematic block-buster on our hands.


Staghorns.

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a house! And one that you love!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it, Debbish. I want you to come and stay. I've missed you. xo

      Delete
  2. I'm stoked that your stoked!
    (stoked is a good word - it should be used more often) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stoked that I have some time to blog. Back to work next week, which I'm not stoked about. I'm also stoked that you're still reading and commenting.

      Delete
  3. I'm so stoked for you too! Getting to know the new neighbourhood is one of the best bits of moving to a new place, bet the Solid Gold Dancers are loving it to bits! And, wow, those stag horns are impressive! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're big staghorns, all right. Thanks for your mutual stokedom. The Solids are all feigning indifference. They're hard work those kids.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely established neighborhood, perfect for walking and biking. I love the stone and concrete wall in the third photo. When did Martha grow so tall? She looks like she's ready to take flight! Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, it is an oldish suburb. I like that breezeblock wall and stone wall too. Really, all the houses around here are quite similar ... it's as if everyone's copied each other. Our neighbours (who are very old) have just had their garden beds re-stone-walled. I'm quite intrigued why they'd bother at their age ... Martha grew tall and 'mouthy' all-of-a-sudden.

      Delete
  5. Thank goodness you're back on the blog...it's been lonely without you. Your house is great...and no house is perfect, you know. Our curved driveway is too difficult for Jason to manoeuvre his mid life crisis in and out of the garage - so sits out in the weather!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me laugh. God, I hope he can manage to shelter the mid-life crisis before hail-storm season. Our mid-life-people-mover is so hail-stone-pock-marked it's not funny.

      Delete
  6. What the! I have missed too much. I don't seem to get your feeds and I'm never on blogger anyway these days. Seems there's a lot happening at your place. Time to go through the older posts!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like a little reunion page on here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurrah! So pleased for you all! Really well done!

    ReplyDelete