Thursday, May 28, 2015

Cabinet

We've spent the last few months slowly renovating Martha's bedroom. Including ripping-out a built-in wardrobe and then prepping walls for painting.


We discovered aluminium louvres hidden behind a sheet of plasterboard.




We pulled up the carpet and had the parquetry polished.


Then I scratched together a design for a desk and shelf arrangement so that Martha's toys and books could be stored properly and neatly.



We used birch ply and had it two-pac'd. It's quite glossy and very sturdy.



Unfortunately, because this kid has so much stuff, you really can't see the patina of the wood. There's that chair I found on the side of the road doing what it does best.


She loves the whole shebang and is constantly working away at (various irritating craft projects) her desk.




I have culled a some of her books and toys.



I've been inspired by the below book and have four bags waiting to go to St Vincent de Paul tomorrow. The author's a bit kooky and suggests we talk to our socks and say "Hello" to our houses when we come home in the evening, and I've adopted her mantra as my own.


And here are some photos of cherry blossoms sent in by our South Korean correspondent.


1 comment:

  1. Love the new desk/shelves! That would be great for our boys.

    ReplyDelete