Sick? I've been so sick it's not funny. I've taken the last three days off work and only now feel well enough to get out of bed.
Talk? I couldn't even talk.
Strep throat? I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
The only thing I've been able to stomach is tomatoes and vegemite on toast.
Soggy? I couldn't swallow the crusts.
Death? At one point I thought I was on my death bed, but I managed to drag myself to the couch to watch a couple of episodes of our family favourite TV show Horrible Histories. Laugh?
Oh my! I hope you're up and kicking again!
ReplyDeleteYes, up and at 'em now. Thank you, Mrs.
DeleteSo sorry you've felt so bad! I hope the fact that you got out of bed to post means that you've dragged yourself away from death's door and will start to feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteAgain, feeling better. Still popping antibiotics, but back reading mid-century blogs. Thank you!
DeleteAh Horrible Histories. One of the few shows I can truly share with my 'orrible pre teens...that and Deadly 60! Hope the plague stops with you and not the whole family! Chin up. buckaroo!
ReplyDeleteHorrible Histories Hysterical!
DeletePoor thing, we have missed you! :( keep up the fluids they say!
ReplyDeleteMaybe I need a macrame owl?
DeleteYes you do, I'm working on big Aunty at the moment but I can dye the twine to your preferred colour if that helps the recovery process? xx
DeleteOh that's no good at all - vegemite on toast is though, as is tomato on toast, not I'm not sure about them both together?
ReplyDeletexx
Tomatoes and vegemite on toast. You should give it a go. It's something delicious. A work colleague recommended it to me years ago because he said the taste was fantastic, and I was a sceptic, now I have it all the time.
DeleteWish I lived closer.
ReplyDelete(We don't mind a little Horrible Histories here too).
Yes, I think your kids would get a kick out of that show.
DeleteHugs
ReplyDeletexxx
Thank you, Kimmie.
DeleteThere's nothing worse than strep throat. I felt like I was laying on a bed of nails for a week. I hope you feel better soon!!!!
ReplyDeleteStrep throat is an absolute shocker. I dread getting it again, but I think it's like cold-sores, once you've had it you lose some resistance. I need a trip to Paris.
DeleteI'm really sorry you have been so crook.
ReplyDeletePoor wee thing.
You are probably invisible side on now.
I hope it .settles soon and you get your appetite back.
My pants are somewhat baggy.
DeleteHope you're feeeling better - vegemite cures everything (I'm quite sure).
ReplyDeleteThat's what I thought, Cam. All that Vitamin B.
DeleteOh boy, no fun whatsoever. I hope they gave you tons of drugs... (and no, vegemite is not a drug) ;-)
ReplyDeleteI may go back for stronger drugs I think. Tonnes of them!
DeleteGet well MMMC!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Anna.
DeleteYou poor thing. I hope you are on your way to recovery. And I'm with Sarah B. What's with the vegemite tomato combo? I must try it out before I judge...xx (it will probably be good...?) xx
ReplyDeleteHave you tried it yet?! It's delicious!
Deletesounds awful
ReplyDeletehope you a fighting fit soon.
Helen :)
Thank you, Helen.
DeleteAre you still unwell? Can I help? See if you lived closer - I would have known this. All this time I have been imagining you tap tap tapping away on a computer, yelling "Objection your Honour", hailing yellow cabs while talking on the mobile and, of course, sushi and martinis at lunch and a stiff elderflower cordial at the end of the day with the 'gang' from work ... and the reality was you were unwell, eating vegemite toast (topped with a fruit!) huddled at home. I am so sorry to hear. Let me know if your still at home and need a visit.
ReplyDeleteReader 3, am on the mend. Have even done some sewing. Am back at work tap-tapping letters to prisoners and solicitors and sometimes solicitors who are prisoners. Still going cold-turkey on the elderflower cordial as well! I'm a new woman. You should try tomato on vegemite toast it has 'Reader 3' written all over it!
DeleteSo sorry to hear that you've been ill. From what I read from other Down Under Bloggers as well as my own longhaul Family - Australia is rife, yea rife, with unsanitary stomach bugs at the moment.
ReplyDeleteI'm interested to read that Vegemite is proving a comfort to invalids down there with you. As you probably know, Marmite is considered to be the only Real Thing among British Expats wherever they are posted around the globe. But on my recent visit, in order to preserve the Marmite supplies smuggled inside our baggage, I volunteered to try the local product on my morning toast and must admit that I enjoyed it. ( But please don't tell.)Cx