I have a birthday in September and recently I was wondering what I wanted gift-wise to mark the occasion. But I really don't want anything because I have everything I need.
I like pottering about with like-mindeds.
I have a husband who likes to mow.
I have odd pieces of this-and-that which I'm happy to wipe down and move around.
I have four beautiful children who are each so different but who make me laugh and make me proud.
I have simple pastimes which keep me from being bored.
I have lovely people who pass on pretty things they've found.
I have a full-time job which fits with the family and will hopefully see me until I retire, or I decide to take my troupe of Russian dancing bears on an International Tour of sticky-carpeted Casinos (as I've always dreamed!).
And I have compost, carrots,
tomatoes and a bean.







You are truly blessed....but I can't count, four babies! Amazing and you grow carrots! Your super woman! And your only 34! Enjoy your blessings! xx
ReplyDeletePippa, I can't even remember being 34. I keep pulling the carrots to see how big they are, and then feel bad for killing a carrot pre-readiness. I'm not sure how one tells that they're ready to harvest. My first year in farming.
DeleteI'm just so relieved to know I'm not the only 'bad' mummy who lets her troops enjoy the occasional Coke!
ReplyDeleteFiona, they're allowed coke when they visit their grandparents. So they quaff about five cans each.
DeleteHope you have a wonderful birthday!!
ReplyDeleteIf you ever bring the Russian Bear set-up to Perth, let me know. Love a good night of peeling my feet of the casino carpet whilst watching excellent high brow entertainment.
Take care.
xx
My dancing Russian bears are definitely high-brow. They were cravats and monocles. We'll do a matinee in Perth so the kids can make it.
DeleteObviously I would peel my feet "off" the casino carpet. That missing "f" is a shameful typo.
ReplyDeleteBeen thinking about the bears - even a tour of rural WA could be a goer. We do a mean post-show sausage roll in the country. Although the carpets wouldn't be sticky.
Good luck with the carrots.
You make me think of June Carter Cash, in fact maybe you are June. September is the month when all the cool people have birthdays :)
ReplyDeleteWhy do I make you think of June Carter Cash? Is it my Country Music songs that are getting air-play at the mo'?
DeleteYou don't think "41 times 2 is 82. Time's ticking" reminds you of Time's A Wastin'?
DeleteLovely post! You are indeed blessed. Good to sit back and take stock every now and then.
ReplyDeletePS. I'm a huge Coca Cola fan. Coke is it.x
Donna, Coke is it.
DeleteThough I see you as a 'Tab' girl.
The sweetest Post! Have a great Birthday!!! Mel x
ReplyDeleteThank you Mel. You'd be sick of birthdays by now!
DeleteNever underestimate the bean. You are truly loaded, sister! X
ReplyDeleteHow long's it bean?
DeleteToo long! Your horses' hooves are on my last post. How's that for a cryptic sentence?
DeleteHappy Birthday MMMC. Yes, you do have it all and then some. You're a lucky lady indeed!
ReplyDeleteThank you MCM, haven't seen you for a while. I'd like a caravan like yours, but I really don't need one.
DeleteYou convinced me that you have it made with a husband who mows, 4 wonderful kids and that magnificent bean. The rest is pure gravy. (I never know if our weird American idioms make any sense to people in other countries; I confess that you and your fellow Australians sometimes say things that are a bit incomprehensible to me...haha)
ReplyDeleteSeriously, you are quite blessed...and deservedly so, and I hope you have a wonderful birthday. However, you must stop killing innocent carrots. What have they ever done to you?
Oh, and I have to say that my grandsons would love it if their parents would lift the ban on Cokes when they come to see me. Sometimes I'm tempted to be the good guy and let them have a sip, but I respect their parents' wishes and say no. The other grandparents give them every single thing on the "forbidden food list," driving my daughter and SIL absolutely insane.
I don't mind them having Coke on special occasions. I figure it won't kill them. I don't like them spilling it though. Imagine if your grandsons spilt Coke on the lounge!
DeleteI love the sound of mowing and all the grass clippings go straight on the compost heap. It's hard not to check on carrots. I can't wait to taste them!
Ah my friend, and I say that with much pride, happy birthday; and well done you for loving your lot! It makes you all the more loveable, not that you needed it. xx
ReplyDeleteMLC. You're so far away ...
DeleteWhat a lovely post. You have many blessings, including the baby carrots. I tend to scrape away a bit of the soil around the top to see how chubby they are - that way I can resist the need to pull.
ReplyDeleteSo what's the go for your birthday? Put in an order with DD?? Pity we can't all get together for a party. My bday is in October and I think I'm planning a 40th, despite the fact I will be 41. My 40th just didn't happen. I'm thinking baloons :)
xx
SB, that's an excellent tip about carrots. I'm going to do that from now on. Do you tie your tomatoes to stakes? Ours are getting quite tall, but no fruit so far.
DeleteI did think about some DD - a sorbet cuff was calling my name, like a siren, as was one of the sorbet choker necklaces, but I chose a dress and cardigan for work instead.
This time of year would be great for a get-together. I can think of atleast four ladies who read this blog who have a birthday within about three days of each other. It's kind of spooky if you think of the numbers.
If 82 is twice 41, then 41 backwards is 14.
ReplyDeleteSo happy 14th birthday.
Your blessings are noted . You deserve them.
Simple things. Buy more Coke. Stock up for Christmas!
DeleteHappy Birthday! What beautiful kids! 41 is the new 31, so you will remember 34 next time it hits. Lovely post, wishing you everything you want and more! Best, Neen
ReplyDeleteThank you Neen, you're little dolly bottles arrived today. I'm reluctant to use them they're so cute. I'm going to install the light on the weekend!
DeleteSounds like a great life, happy birthday! Mine is the 20th of September, and I'll be 40:) or :(
ReplyDeleteI'm not a fan of those smug framed quotes, but once I saw one that said; "All you need is something to do, someone to love and something to look forward to." I like that.
ReplyDeleteHappy berfday. Madam Restora
I didn't forget your birthday, I just forgot to tell you 'Happy Birthday' on time! I'm a lot like you, you know it, minus the four children and the husband. And the job that will see me until I 'll retire. Okay, we're different. But still, happy birthday!!Did you have the cake? Blew the candles?
ReplyDeletei'll be the big 40 this year... Yes as Helen says..Times a wastin indeed!! How come Helen is so wise? I'm going to a blog post tomorrow on one of my all time favourite customers who is 90 now you'd love her...Happy Birthday not so old lady !!! xxxx
ReplyDeleteBest wishes dear MMMC. I hope you had a terrific birthday and you enjoy all your goodies from Jo. Who knew that it was so perfectly timed? We'll have to catch up properly again when you have a day off soon. xx
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy birthday!!!! I love all your like mindedness.
ReplyDeletexo
not much else is needed maybe a splendid cupcake and an overnighter in a spa retreat. Hope the birthday is a happy one .:)
ReplyDeleteLate to the Party!! (How did I miss this post?) Happy Birthday! We September babies do well. Not too near Christmas or New Year ( Nov/Dec/Jan) and not around Easter (March/April) and not in the summer/winter hols) July/August. Just perfectly mid-season for gift giving/receiving and celebrations focussed entirely on US!
ReplyDeleteIt's our Number One Son's birthday tomorrow (18th September) and he's happily on hol in sunnier climes with his beloved so no need to bake a cake - hahaha which I haven't done for some years.
I think you're brilliant with your kids and lifestyle whilst holding down a serious job. And isn't Blogger good for recording all this? I can't remember much about my lot growing up as I was so (foolishly but necessarily ) focussed on career. They often surprise me with happy memories of my apparent involvement with their school-days that I can't recall until prompted because of the pressures of my working life in those days. You are so much more involved and please keep it that way. Cx