Sunday, September 30, 2012

Yuletide preparednecessicity

I've been thinking a lot about Christmas because if I'm not prepared ye for it, I can be taken by surprisedy.



Most of my planning has involved the consideration of tablecloths and platters.

When we moved earlier this year it was with some jollity that I gave away our fake Christmas tree. But I kept the Danish stick tree. Here it is last year. It's handy for packing up and taking on holidays which is what we'll be doing this year.


Last year, I also put away these Advent calendars. Not sure why I bought two. Could only be, what is described in psychiatric circles as, 'Momentary Moomin Madness'.



But now I've discovered the Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar and pressure has been put on me from below to go down the Lego Advent path.



From here





We've shopped that fabulous toy shop at Emporium in Fortitude Valley ...


Playmobil is featuring this year, only because of its excellent Top Agent range. I couldn't help myself and decided my next career change will be as a secret agent. Of course, you won't know that when it happens, because it'll be a secret.


 The shop wraps. Time saver.

And here's some more bits-and-pieces I've stashed away using my newly inspired secret agent skills.


From here ...


And from here.

Fin.

13 comments:

  1. I want that Xmas tree! Where did you get it? And I too would like to learn some shhhhhhh secret squirrel skills! Go the Star wars calendar I say! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas? Really!? Can you crochet a longboard???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A surfboard? Crochet? You're kidding me! I have to start this early just so I don't get caught out. That or I have not much else in my life.

      Delete
    2. They should all get crocheted versions of what they want till I get a job again...a crocheted i-phone, bike, cruise board.
      Really I stash away all year too.

      Delete
  3. Pippa, I got it from RetroVilla in Denmark. I think postage was more than the cost of the tree. I love it. So easy to assemble. Only requires 24 ornaments. Some people think it's a bit sparse. And I've reasoned that if we do yearn for a traditional tree, it's quite easy to get real ones now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even thought about Christmas yet. I have Grandson #1's birthday to prepare for in a week. When I get that behind me, I'll start thinking about Christmas gifts. Then, four days after Christmas, it will be time for Grandson #2's birthday!

    I love your Danish stick tree. I may have to make one like that this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, I've realised that a lot of Americans don't think about Christmas until thanksgiving is over with. We don't have that here. I have the two boys' birthdays about a fortnight after Christmas, that's another reason I have to be organised.

      I think the stick tree would be easy to make. I'm not that way inclined though. Basically, it's a lot of different-length pieces of dowel.

      Delete
  5. No! NO! NOOOOOO!!!! My god, woman, hasn't anyone ever told you it is strictly forbidden to think about anything starting with the letters "CH" that make the sound "K" until the first of December? Chemistry, Chorizo, Choral singing, CHRISTMAS....chaos...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are super organised. I am sadly, quite the opposite. I just adore the cute esty purchases - that site is the death of me - too many beautiful things!
    I'm not sure about the Star Wars calendar - just seems a bit odd?? Much prefer Moomin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the ceramic jewelry .
    Also the wooden painted organisms.
    But, I think it's rash to have stuff wrapped at this stage.
    I can never remember what I've been stowing away all year.
    Christmas gives me the horrors I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are organized! That's quite the little missy in front of the shop window.

    Actually I have some Christmas shopping done too. Trouble is I keep finding it after Christmas but the girls enjoy it and look forward to the after Christmas prezzies. I sure would like to get my hands on some of those nifty advent calendars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed you Deb.
      I suffer the same white out with Christmas presents.

      Delete
  9. Iam in awe of you and your forward thinking slash planning. I can only dream of being this organised the only time.

    In saying that I do remember the one and only time Ive ever forward planned Christmas.
    I went on a 2 month crazed consumer crawl maxing out creditcards and emptying savings accounts so when 25 December rolled around not only did I overdo the gift giving to the point of embarrassing the recipients of the gifts and I had already culled half of them when I realised I had overdone it and decided to keep the rest of the booty for next year. But it took me a good 3 months to recover financially.
    I think for me its probably better that I stick to last minute shopping even though I lose my sanity fight with my loved ones and am mightly glad its all over by boxing day.

    ReplyDelete