I think ' Martha' is such a beautiful name. Hence, there's no explanation needed as to why I was drawn to watch the BBC series 'Silk', given the main character's name is is exactly that. My husband suggested I should watch it, as I don't watch law- or police-themed programmes. But this series I can't help not slavishly watch.
And I only watch it because of Martha. She's the only one I'm interested in. I know she's a fictional television character but I'm drawn to her morals; her ethics; her beautiful no-nonsense clothes; her makeup; how she speaks; and her lipstick. I spend a lot of time contemplating her lipstick. Its shade and possible brand.
She has a razor-sharp mind, she works hard and she speaks beautifully. She stands up for what she believes and she's not afraid to speak her mind, regardless of what people think of her.
The other series I religiously watch is 'The Turtleman'.
It's about a toothless Southern American who likes to catch turtles and other critters with his bare hands. He's hard to understand; grabs creatures by their tails; eats road-kill; and has a crazy scream that he emits regardless of who's on the farm watching.
Snappy turtle.



I'll have to see if Silk is available from my cable provider. It sounds like something I'd like. As for Turtleman, I'll pass. My daughter and SIL watch Duck Dynasty, which is the same type reality show. I give them a hard time about it constantly. Call me sensitive, but I don't want anyone to think that's what the majority of us Southern Americans are really like.
ReplyDeleteLOL - looks like I'm gonna have to brush up on my tv viewing. Turtleman looks hilarious - and probably something I would totally watch - right after the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (True). And Silk sounds interesting! I'll have to give that one a go. We've just started Southland from the beginning - looks good - if not a tad depressing. A few Mint Slices soon fixed that.
ReplyDeleteAh yes. My boys have taken to watching anything based in a swamp in the U.S. of A. involving reptiles.
ReplyDeleteI'm liking the one where they drive around finding unloved junk in people's barns and haggling for it.
That lipstick is quite fascinating. I haven't seen every episode of Silk but love those I have. She is a worthy Martha indeed.
Martha and Martha are both lovely. Swamps and turtles and crocs,etc. are not!
ReplyDeletexo
Yes, I can see the connection between the two shows, but I have one question. What shade of lipstick does Turtleman use? (Just kidding.). Seriously, we don't get either show here and I would like to see Silks since it has intelligent characters.. I am not sure about Turtleman, but I would definitely check it out, preferably with at least one little human being so they could explain things to me.
ReplyDeleteYou don't think you've finally snapped, do you?
ReplyDeleteLol DMC.......finally
ReplyDeleteI love ya! xx
Silk is a great show! I love her accent. I think I would not like the turtle man. At all. I don't want to know what he does with those poor animals once he caught them. Don't tell me.
ReplyDelete