1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Monday, April 1, 2013
Quiet
It's very quiet.
Everyone bar me and Korean S has gone West for a few days.
I wondered if you'd notice the Boofeay frameless. I did it on the spur of the moment (with a ghastly big hammer) but was please with the result. When I stop working at the canteen and earn some more mula, I'll get it framed.
Stop all that cooking and cleaning! Crack a bottle of wine and put your feet up girl. I think you miss all those babies. Everything looks wonderful though. I adore the leather hippo and the pom-pom tree. Is that a peach pie? Yum!
I do miss them. But why do they drive me nuts when they're here? Chicken and vege pie. Australians don't seem to make much fruity pie. You're a bit fruity or nutty.
You crazy gal you, doing housework when you could sit around and relax? I must say I am not good at either, housework or relaxing, but there's always some gardening or a crafty project to do. xx
I actually have a lot of nervous energy. I can't watch movies or sit and read the paper for instance. I need to always be doing something. Sad. But true. That's why I like making pom poms. Better than smoking!
Quiet is nice. Clean is nice too. Enjoy is while it lasts. Buffet looks good frameless. xx
ReplyDeleteI wondered if you'd notice the Boofeay frameless. I did it on the spur of the moment (with a ghastly big hammer) but was please with the result. When I stop working at the canteen and earn some more mula, I'll get it framed.
DeleteI can't imagine how sublime that quiet would be, Carmel. Loving the Liberty shirts ;). J x
ReplyDeleteIt's quiet. I couldn't sleep last night it was so quiet. Glad Liberty's made a comeback, sister!
DeleteHow wonderful to have quiet for a few days! You're making me hungry with all that beautiful food.
ReplyDeletexo
Simple recipes, Debbish. Simple recipes. I miss your blog, as do millions.
DeleteThe Boofay! The Boofay!!
ReplyDeleteIt's spelled 'Boofeay
DeleteAnd where have YOU been?!
That food looks absolutely amazing!
ReplyDeleteStop. Go back and fix up the new pad. If I lived 'round the corner, I'd drop off a house warming lasagne.
DeleteStop all that cooking and cleaning! Crack a bottle of wine and put your feet up girl. I think you miss all those babies. Everything looks wonderful though. I adore the leather hippo and the pom-pom tree. Is that a peach pie? Yum!
ReplyDeleteI do miss them. But why do they drive me nuts when they're here? Chicken and vege pie. Australians don't seem to make much fruity pie. You're a bit fruity or nutty.
DeleteYou crazy gal you, doing housework when you could sit around and relax? I must say I am not good at either, housework or relaxing, but there's always some gardening or a crafty project to do.
ReplyDeletexx
I actually have a lot of nervous energy. I can't watch movies or sit and read the paper for instance. I need to always be doing something. Sad. But true. That's why I like making pom poms. Better than smoking!
Deletelooks good!
ReplyDelete:)
that pie, with the lid of crust...mmmmm....
but indeed,
go relax once you can!