Sunday, June 2, 2013

269 yen

Here's a photo of Daiso in Brisbane.


It's an action shot. 

I was literally, what's described in athletes' circles as, running towards it.

Here's a more calming stationary shot.


Purple must be the colour to inspire impulse buying because I grabbed a purple basket and started shoving unnecessary Japanese superflueties into it.


I read Google Reader is being fazed out. Is it affecting anyone? In a panic, I've moved to Bloglovin to read blogs, and have found it to be quite accommodating.


Thoughts?

It's always highly amusing to read the 'Cautions' on the back of Japanese products. The first caution for these sponges is: 'Do not eat'. Lucky.



Everything's $2.80 (or 269 yen).



I'm well-and-truly stocked for kids' parties. Or cheer-leading opportunities.




How can you put a price on a lama sticker?

18 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun store. I think I'd want one of everything.

    As for Google Reader, I suppose we're all going to have to make the change to Bloglovin...or something. I really resent that Google is trying to force us to use Google+.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same Dana no goggle + for me!
      Hi MMMC, we are both time poor on the blogging front but as long as we do wht we can, that's OK! Love these bright treats the kid lets must live them! xx

      Delete
  2. Well that explains my addiction to Cadbury's then!

    I've never used Google reader and didn't even know what it was when I heard it was being scrapped. Is there an easier way to read blogs rather than clicking on the links from the Blogger Dashboard? Revelations. I've signed up to Google + but have absolutely no idea what that is either!!!

    No you can't put a price on a Llama sticker, that I know :-D

    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought those sponges tasted somewhat strange under the chocolate sauce....the perils of not reading the fine print. I love browsing dollar-type stores. Perhaps we can all collaborate on dollar day blogs, and show our great dollar store purchases one day a month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neen, that's not such a bad idea. Another game one can play is 'What's that?' where one tries to work out what sort of product it is. Often hard to do with only Japanese descriptions.

      Delete
  4. Never been in a Daiso store but the goods look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you need more children so they can have birthday parties so you can use the tricky invites.
    It's an alpaca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can one tell the difference between an alpaca and a lama?

      Delete
    2. One uses one's Buddha consciousness.

      Delete
  6. I wish that shop would come to Pacific Fair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just know i would end up buying all this stuff i actually do not need,
    just like i did when i was touring in japan...
    even though my ninja socks are still very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're heading to Daiso this afternoon before GoMA. I'm hoping we don't see too much to fall in love with otherwise I'm going to have a heavy load to carry. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, hi there! It's pretty cool isn't it? Hope you're well, Carmel. I miss blogland. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete