Of all the days we chose to fly down south and visit granma and grandad ...
for our favourite lunch of chicken and potatoes and cake,
we picked the day where the whole place was in lock-down.
A so-called bikie-related-brouhaha-aka-murder appeared to have put the kybosh on any chances of finding a car park ...
and any chances of swimming in the pool.
What do you mean we can't swim in the pool because some bloke's been stabbed near the lobby?
The place was swarming with cops and SES and even Grandad was grilled by the Fuzz.

Wow! Glad the lunch was good.
ReplyDeleteI was happy eating and drinking and looking over the balcony.
DeleteWhat are the chances indeed! Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you were in the middle of all that drama! I guess both you and the kids missed doing the stuff you usually do when you visit. Speaking of the kids, they're SO lovely, real treasures! The lunch looks seriously yummy too:-)
ReplyDeleteXx
I love some drama. I generally stay upstairs flicking through magazines and talking to my parents. Thank you for saying nice things about the children. Right now they're all screaming at each other.
DeleteIt's too bad that you couldn't do any of your fun stuff...but I bet it will be a day the kids remember!
ReplyDeleteCaused one to have nightmares but so too does a documentary about snakes.
DeleteI thought things went better with coke. Wow, you guys live such an exciting life. Hope they caught the guy.
ReplyDeleteYes, don't we live in the fast lane?! There is a lot of coke. They're only allowed coke at granmas. I'm only allowed expensive glasses of wine at granmas. If they catch the culprit, I'll be sure to tell you. The only constabulary they didn't pull-out was a police horse (tell Sassy).
DeleteSassy's in our bad books right now. Ole Stevie nearly bought the farm on her last Sunday.
Deletexo
Oh my goodness! Fuzz galore! What a bummer :(
ReplyDeleteFuzz everywhere. I was careful to remain aloof.
DeleteThe view is beautiful from the balcony -- the water, not the orange hazard suits. I hope you had a change to enjoy some swimming after they caught the bikie-murder-suspect. Your mother's cooking looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteCheers, Neen
Neen, best thing about lunch is that it's mostly pre-cooked. Kids love it. Grandad bakes some bread. That's the best bit for me!
DeleteNot so Calm by the Sea. I can picture your Dad been grilled by the Fuzz - maybe getting more information than he was giving.
ReplyDeleteSome of those pics are a bit Jeffrey Smart.
Grandad walked through the crime scene, stepped over the corpse and was pumped by the Fuzz as to why his car (which was in the middle of the cordon) had a white towel covered in a red stain (paint) in the rear. Grandad can't help himself sometimes ...
DeleteSome of those pictures are a bit J. Smart! Must be the psyche mulling him over.
Very inconsiderate of that bikie gang! You'd think that they would leave their activities for night-time rather than during prime pool time. We watched the news after seeing your instagram feed. So scary that it was close to home. xx
ReplyDeleteThe Gold Coast is scary. Full stop. We'll find some peace in the Western suburbs next weekend lady! What to wear?! What to wear?!
DeleteI'm so excited about it. I'm trying to get Katherine to come along too. What to wear? My biggest dilemma. We will have to rug up if it stays as cold as it is at the moment. xx
DeleteAh .. the GC never fails to disappoint ;-)
ReplyDeleteLike watching an episode of C.S.I. from your own terrace. Not exactly charming. It's better on Tv I guess.
ReplyDelete