There's a tiny bit of luxury in our bathroom. I found myself in the pharmaceutical spartanness of Aesop the other evening, and walked out with their Resurrection Aromatique Hand Wash.
It is citrussy and cedarish and divine. Though I'm nervous about leaving it on the sink for everyone to use. I've already seen the evidence of it having been pumped vigorously by smelly Solid Gold Dancers of the seven-year-old-boy variety.
And who can say 'No' to lashings of free samples?

I'm trying to achieve subtle aromas as well.
ReplyDeleteI've got infusers of divine essences containing absorbent sticks which must be up-turned for maximum effect each day.Only one of us can smell the aromas however, apart from the dog and cat.
Surely grandad's cottoned-on to the aromas? I know those sticks. They can be quite pungent.
DeleteIt sounds marvelous! I'll have to see if it's available in the US. One of my favorite liquid hand soaps is Cucina Coriander and Olive Tree by Fruits and Passion. It's a company out of Canada.
ReplyDeleteIt's a bit on the not-so-cheap side. I have a colleague who keeps hers under the sink unless she's expecting company. I think it's too divine to hide. And I'm getting too old to waste my dwindling years on cheap hand soap.
DeleteIt's lovely, isn't it!? I was given some as a gift and had to teach child "one small pump only" it lasted a while but you might want to buy them their own soap!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth, you should try their face masque. I can't bear to put it away! If only I had an en suite.
DeleteOh my! Do not let that into the hands of any Solid Gold Dancer or anyone else the size of a Solid Gold Dancer. You will soon find it being used to wash down Horsy & friends and other such ill-uses.
ReplyDeleteI, too, am a soap snob. You're right, life is too short and so are 7 year old SGDs.
ReplyDeletexo