Saturday, May 25, 2013

Nana from heaven

I popped into this blog today and listened to a bit of Joan Baez.

Joan reminded me of Nana Mouskouri.


Isn't she stunning? Bless her 70s glossy-black straight hair.

Here she is, singing like an angel.

7 comments:

  1. I grew up listening to Nana. I still have my Dad's old l.ps. with his name, Paddy, written on them (yep, an Irishman who listened to Nana! Actually he had a thing for the Greeks, I've got a few of his old records with pictures of the Acropolis on them)
    She was quite pretty really, wasn't she...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana M was about as racy as my parents ever got in the music stakes, and of course we loved to take the piss once we thought we were cooler than her. But gee she was beautiful wasn't she, and now she looks like a modern day hipster in those glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Julie is lovely and so is her blog - it's a pity she doesn't post more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I tried on my friend's new Collette Dinnigan glasses last night and, after looking in the mirror, took them straight off: 'too Nana Mouskouri'. Tried again. 'Too Lisa Loeb.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. And this song? 'My God Loves Me'

    ReplyDelete