Saturday, May 11, 2013

Clean and orderly


A few weekends ago we had a garage sale. I'll tell you about that another day. Clearing the decks inspired me to sort-out the playroom.


The playroom is effectively, what is known technically in architectural circles as, 'an enclosed verandah'.
 

I like to have everything in order.  Certain toys in certain buckets.


Everything 'just so'.  There's little point having that outlook when as soon as everything is 'just so', it then gets strewn everywhere by various people who don't share that same design aesthetic.



What didn't sell in the garage sale was the Husband's collection of Phantom comics. He has hundreds that he's bought over the years. Most of them are still in their plastic sleeves.


Solid Gold Dancer #2 collated them numerically and is slowly reading his way through the adventures of the Ghost Who Walks.

19 comments:

  1. Hmmm. It sounds like he has sworn an oath to fight mess in your playroom and thus started a legacy that will be passed from father to son.
    I wish I had driven past on your garage sale day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you'd driven by. You may have bought some crockery. No one wanted any crockery?! Go figure.

      Delete
  2. Oh that is so satisfying, just tidy up and sit at home on your own doing nothing for a day to enjoy. Cheap thrills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a good clean. I imagine I'd like to mop rubber flooring as well.

      Delete
  3. Very orderly!! I'm surprised the Phantom comics didn't go at the garage sale. At least they are being shown some love and read by solid gold dancer # 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some bloke offered $100 for 179 comics, and then he drove away and I never saw him again. Bastard!! (Shakes clenched fist at the sky.)

      Delete
  4. That is one neat playroom! When I lived in the main house, it was impossible to keep the grandsons' playroom neat. When I moved out to my new little apartment, all the toys stayed there, and now it's their mom and dad's problem. :) Ah, how I love my tidy little apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when it's someone else's problem. That's schadenfreude for you sister.

      Delete
  5. I like the curtains in your playroom AND that red phone I spy in the third pic. I hope it stays tidy for a while.

    p.s. that should be the solid gold dancers job btw, it's Mothers Day after all...
    (or did you score some more Bitossi or the like? I got a bunch of tulips from Coles! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping for some perfume, but got a chest of drawers instead. Happy. I think Mothers Day etc is over-rated anyway.

      Delete
  6. That's a fairly substantial collection of Phantom comics. You could always Ebay...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have considered e-bay, but baulked at the whole photo per comic scenario. Hope you're keeping warm little lady.

      Delete
  7. I can't believe those comics never sold. I bet Sheldon and Leonard would buy them. One of my Childes was neater than me in the playroom.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheldon and Leondard would have bought them, which is why Solid Gold Dancer #2 likes them so much. He is v. similar to Sheldon. Uncanny really.

      Delete
  8. Yes. How many hours did you take sorting it all out? How many of your many kids helped you? (speaking from experience, I think I know the answer to that already) Good thing you memorialized the order photographically before it was rearranged to suit someone else's "design aesthetic", eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your answer is 'hours and none of them' then you're right. So glad to see the start of your design aesthetic on Instagram. I expect big things singing Latvian lady.

      Delete
  9. Am impressed by the tidy room! I tidy my daughter's room for Christmas and Easter, in between it's just a real mess.

    ReplyDelete