Friday, October 5, 2012

Book Review: Chapter One

Yesterday a large delivery of books came from The Book Depository. I plan on putting them away for (you-know-what).

I know a many of you have children, or grandchildren, or nieces and nephews all with discerning taste, so I'll do a run-down of what arrived because these books are good.

The first three books are by the same authors and are called respectively, "That's Disgusting", "That's Mean", and "That's Dangerous". They're amusing books covering a series of scenarios that are either disgusting, mean or dangerous ... Just so everyone's across what they should or shouldn't be doing. That's important.



"That's Disgusting" is earmarked for Martha. 



The other two are destined for Solid Gold Dancer #3.



The next book is called "My Name is Elizabeth". It has simple, fabulous illustrations and it's all about standing up for yourself and being true to your identity.


Well, it's not that deep ... Elizabeth finds herself being called all sorts of truncated versions of her name, and she's had just about enough.



She's proud of her name, and she demands some respect.


Until next time, picture-book readers.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you! I always appreciate it when someone has done the research for me and I think "That's disgusting!" may come in handy in these parts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good book, we are into "room on the broom" by the lovely folk who brought us the Gruffalo! Love it, so will the kidlets! Time for me to hit the book depository, but to do this without buying for mummy is nigh impossible! Oh well....give in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kids books and these look great.
    My girls are older than your kids so I'd have to write my own :That's Disgusting" book : Wiping your mascara on the shower curtain, that's DISGUSTING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these reviews - I shall order the first three for my grandkids. I heart the Book Deposoitory!Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I want the "My Name is Elizabeth" book, it looks like a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to frame a series of key images from the 'disgusting' book for the bathroom wall!
    In fact we could write our own version with three preteen boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking, I would need a copy of "That's Disgusting" for each of my boys. Can't go near the Book Dep though, as I already had an Amazon bender last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info. I just added "That's Disgusting," "That's Dangerous" and "That's Mean" to my Christmas shopping list for my grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto Dana! They look like great books for my youngest.x

      Delete