Friday, October 5, 2012

Gangnam style

Is it wrong to be in love with your au pair?


I love ours. The kids love ours. It's a house of love for her. She's fabulous and I'm starting to get very sad to see her leave. I've begun to look for a replacement, but actually think I should be looking at International adoption.

We embrace all things Korean and, at every opportunity, we're doing things Gangnam style.

14 comments:

  1. Don't despair! Think four kids off to visit her in Korea, over the school holidays! Enjoy yourselves till then! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we may have to go to Korea. Someone instagrammed a photo of Orla Kiely clothing in a Korean store, and I asked Korean H, and she said the store was the equivalent of Coles! Any country that sells Orla Kiely clothes in a supermarket is my kind of country.

      Delete
  2. Why does she have to go? Will she be coming back? I missed something here. I think I love her too....make her stay! Do something!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time's up, I'm afraid. I may do a post on the how-to's when it comes to au pairs.

      Delete
  3. Yes, please explain the au pair arrangement you have. Are these girls who just want to visit/work in a different country for a short time? You seem to get some very good ones, but it seems you just said goodbye to your little Scandinavian and hello to the sweet Korean girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do a post to explain everything. It's a very sensible form of childcare.

      Delete
  4. I love your au pair. I'd love any au pair right now. Does she study with teenage boys?
    The problem is where to put one.
    My children are all galloping gang am style around the house but at lest they've stopped shuffling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need a place to house one. Korean H has been helping Solid Gold Dancer #1 with her maths. Thank goodness.

      Delete
  5. Could you persuade her to be an asylum seeker?
    Whom do I ring for an au pair Butler?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure one can seek asylum from a country like South Korea. Though our house is like an asylum. A mental asylum. HA. HA.

      Delete
  6. Why can't she stay longer? Are they only allowed in the country for a certain length of time? She looks lovely. Maybe she'd come and look after me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Korean H would like to visit you. It'd certainly be a lot more quiet than here. She's also used to snow. Are you toilet trained? She's presently toilet-training Martha, so that may turn out useful.

      Delete
  7. Oh so sad she's leaving but great that you had such an excellent time with her. I was an exchange student for 12 months in Germany (20 years ago!!!) and still keep in touch with my 2 families whom I stayed with for 6 months each. It will be so cool for your kids to be able to keep in touch and visit her down the track :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks and sounds so wonderful! What a shame she has to go.
    I laughed out loud (sorry, LOL'd) when I read Annies comment about her kids swapping the shuffling for Gangnam style dancing as mine have done the same.
    However, I am so out of touch with tunes today, that I asked a friend if Ricky Martin sang Gangnam Style upon hearing it on the radio the first time a few weeks ago. TRAGIC! Clearly need to flip over from the golden oldies station from time to time.x

    ReplyDelete