Why is the house I dream about still on the market? What should I do, given I'm not ready to move until December?
How can one Korean be so talented in weilding a paint brush and some water colours?
Why are these dollies in a row?
Who's read this tome? I thought it'd be a struggle to get into. Hold the plough-dragging horse in a field of potatoes. It's fabulous! I know there's a movie out at the moment, and have read a review that Anna Karenina is an impossible story to translate effectively into any other medium other than the original. Thoughts?
Finally, I'm on the search for a signature perfume. I spend much of my waking hours in contemplation of the perfect scent.





Hello *waves* sorry it's been a while! The house hasn't sold because you haven't bought it yet :-) Can you buy and rent it out for a bit or is Dec when finances allow the buying? Tricky. Your au pair is super talented! And I have this book still taunting me from the shelf because I thought it would be a hard read and am waiting for the baby brain to disappear. But since the movie is out now I may just give it a whirl. Good luck with the perfume x
ReplyDeleteI like someone who cyber waves! I have been mulling-over the whole buy and rent idea all day. You are some sort of genius. I hadn't even considered that! I'm going to inspect the house again this afternoon.
DeleteThe universe is trying to tell you to buy the house.
ReplyDeleteV talented Korean. I am v jealous.
So glad you are enjoying Anna Karenina.
It's a good read isn't it? It certainly would be nice to draw or paint. I just found those two pictures lying around. I'm now thinking I may be looking at the house with rose-coloured glasses. I've done that before.
DeleteOr if the it is not the universe talking it may be the neighbours are drug dealers.....
ReplyDeletePossibly they are! Ha!
DeleteWe are talking about one of my favorite books of all time. I ADORE Tolstoj. When you are done with the book I reccomend you to see 'The Last Station' , it's about the last years in the life of tolstoj and it's marvelous. I won't see the Anna Karenina movie for one reason: KEIRA KNIGHTLEY? Anna was fat. Keira didn't have a normal meal in the last fifteen years, poor thing.
ReplyDeleteThe house. Buy it. It's still in the market waiting for you.
I can't think of the last time I saw a movie. I'm not sure I could sit still for 2.5 hours. Dammit! Am going to end up buying a house!
DeleteSo many questions - so little time. It's a sign that the house is still on the market. Grab it while you can I say. The paintings are amazing!! The Lego Luke Skywalker one is unbelievably good The dolls - this I shall ponder more (I like the rolly polly one - reminds me of a character in a childrens book I once had?). And no, haven't seen or read Anna Karenina. I think I would watch the Vivian Leigh version if any though - Keira Knightley doesn't hold a candle to her.
ReplyDelete(sorry Keira). : )
I like a woman who apologises to an Hollywood starlet she doesn't know!
DeleteYou and I are in the same boat, house-dilemma-wise I think!
Look at those brown tiles! They're calling your name, they're saying "buy me MMMC, buy me!"
ReplyDeleteI know. Who can resist the sirens that are brown tiles? That's why I fear I have my brown/rose-coloured glasses on.
DeleteI read that book! It took me a while to figure out that all the characters were called like three different names. I think, maybe I missed something? I liked the book though. Depressing books make me happy. Why cannot you move until December? Lease issues?
ReplyDeleteKorean nanny is a painting wonder.
Someone has ocd?
xo
Have you read Wolf Hall? I'm in the middle of that. That's caused me some confusion re: character/historical figures. Luckily for Australians and Canadians, it has various family trees at the front. You're good at answering questions too, btw.
DeleteI agree with Coal Valley View.
ReplyDeleteBuy it and rent it for it for 9months.
Anna Karenina does not translate well to movie medium.
i tried to watch it with Claire Bloom and Sean Connery.
It was ghastly in every sense.
Korean water colour paintings are dreamy.
I'm trying to get her to paint more. We'll see. Who did Sean Connery play?
DeleteVronsky.
DeleteConnery was very young with black thick hair.
He hammed it up and Clair Bloom was all gloom.
She had none of the charisma that Anna had in the novel.
Buy the house and rent it out! Seriously.
ReplyDeleteMy brain is too mushy for Anna.
And signature perfumes? Go for classic French (think Jean Patou {love Sublime}, Chanel, Dior or kenzo) xx
I do like Dior and Chanel. I have had Chanel 19, which I see below LMA-G doesn't like. It is not very floral-y. Miss Dior seems to have morphed into some variations which are nice. Decisions. Decisions. Everyone seems to agree with the buy/rent thing.
DeleteAnna Karenina left me breathless. The characters are so flawless yet flawed. Tolstoy wrote it in monthly installments for a magazine. Monthly .... could you imagine having to wait a month to read the next chapter? Maybe those dollies are lining up at their local St Petersburg newsagent? Worth the wait, I say.
ReplyDeleteHilarious about the St Petersburg newsagent! I also read he didn't like the whole adultery theme and felt quite vexed by it.
DeleteBuy it! Rent it!
ReplyDeleteYou cannot go past anything Chanel does ... well, except No.19 .. not my thing. Visit the Chanel Cosmetics store in Queens Plaza & see Hannah. She will sit you down at the perfumery table (I'm sure there's some special name for it) and go through all the different scents. Loads of fun & very girly.
Yes, I don't mind Chanel. I did have No. 19 and didn't mind it. The bottle was too big though and lasted for too long. I'll hunt down Hannah!
DeleteBuy it! Rent it! Can't get much more convincing than that!
Thanks for all the advice ladies!
Buy it sneakily..and hang out there in secret, give yourself some time to choose your signature fragrance!
ReplyDeleteMy brown tiles and your brown tiles could become friends! :)
I like Chanel Mademoiselle, bought it for my wedding day, 6 years ago and have just finished it :(
Oh and give this a squirt next time you're walking through DJs: Bottega Veneta. It's my new favourite. Wait a little while before you sniff it though, its fragrance changes - quite dramatically (for the better) a little while after spraying.
ReplyDeleteAnd so, are you buying?
1. I think the house is either waiting for you...or telling you to revise your moving schedule. 2. I'm always amazed when someone so young is such a talented artist! 3. I have no idea. 4. I haven't read Anna Karenina because I also thought it would be arduous reading. I may have to give it a try. 5. I also love having a signature scent. In the winter, I wear Royal Extract by Lady Primrose. In the summer, I wear Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana.
ReplyDeleteI think you need to put in an offer (reasonably low) on the house.It might be meant to be yoiurs. I would love to see you in a home like that Carmel. It would be fabulous.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to see more photos of Korean H's artwork :)
x
You could go for a long , say 3 months , settlement time or longer.
ReplyDeleteI too would go for a low but reasonable offer.
My signature scent is turps and slag bol and I'm a lovin' it. Today I threw out my old Tresor and Eternity because they were just not me anymore. There is little I can bear the smell of now. Glen 20 is high on my signature list to. (Original Scent)
ReplyDeleteLoved AK, read it last year and was surprised at how easy it was to get into, once I'd sorted out all the characters.
ReplyDeleteMy friend bought me Vivienne Westwood perfume. I love it