Another wet weekend over.
I'm putting things together for a garage sale because I need some new work shirts and I'd like a bigger slow cooker.
It's hard to know how to price things. I don't want to under-price or over-price. I guess the market will decide.
What if no one turns up?
I need some tips. Serious tips. Not silly tips (I'm looking at you Donna and Pippa).

I can't believe you're selling that dolls house! I thought it was your pride and joy?!
ReplyDeleteIt's the second one I did. Not the big one. More like a shadow box. Martha's taken the price sticker off it, so I'm guessing that means it's not going.
DeleteMaybe the solid gold dancers could have a lemonade stall out front, Martha could entertain the punters!
ReplyDeleteMake everything easy to see, on tables etc ...dare I say it price according to punter, that will encourage folk to bulk buy! Advertise in local rag and get some besties to have a clear out as well or encourage your neighbours to garage sale at the same time?
See not as ways silly :)
Origami fold off competition?
Very good tips. Thank you Pippa.
DeleteSlow cookers are a working woman's dream, I dare say the bigger the better.
ReplyDeleteI've got no tips for the yard sale I'm afraid except make sure there's a price tag on everything-there's nothing more annoying than having to ask the price for everything.
Good luck!
xo
Thank you. I will price everything. I like to be finnicky like that.
DeleteI'm about to have a yard sale too, as I'm ridding myself of all my mismatched storage containers and kitchen utensils, decorator items I'm not using in the new place, including tons of vintage things, all kinds of vintage dishes and glassware, a few pieces of furniture that haven't sold on Craigslist...and lots more. I'm going to price it all super cheap to move, because at this point, space considerations are more important than making a bunch of money. I usually make around $1000 on my yard sales, but this time, I'll be happy with half that. My only advice is to give yourself some bargaining room when you price things. If people there are like they are here, they'll always ask if you'll take less.
ReplyDeleteOn my wish list: a new set of Calphalon and a Calphalon slow cooker.
$1000.00!? I'll put a bit more on my stickers that way I can move down. Good tip. I wish I were going to your garage/yard sale!
DeleteNot the dolls house!!!??? How sad!
ReplyDeleteThat's not the big dolls' house. That was a smaller shadow box I made. We have dolls' houses coming out of our ears.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete