Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lately

What have I been doing? Well, reading for starters. I can't get enough of the London Review of Books. Its reviews are always so interesting and it's such a great read on the bus.


Shamefully, I really don't have the time or energy to read whole novels (unless there are lots of pictures) ...  and this magazine satisfies my need to read because it does such a great job of covering decent works. I've bought a number of books as a result of reading one of its reviews. And then I haven't read the books because it takes too much effort.


That Kennedy family was something to be believed. 


I've also been cleaning. But who doesn't clean?


Jif? Love it and everything it stands for.


Post-poo drops? Swear by them.


Child labour? Am an advocate.


All these cardboard books have been cleaned and packed away because we're all moving-on-up in the ageing stakes.

If you'd stood still on Saturday I would have taken to you with a Jiffed-up sponge, then smoothed you off with a surface cleaner and packed you away in a plastic crate.


"Helloo Ladies .... don't mind my hoof polish ..."




I've smashed my Christmas spending budget in, what can only be described as, 'a spectacular fashion', which is why I won't buy this Colour-in Christmas tablecloth. But don't let that stop you. You can get it from the London Design Museum Shop ... here.

You can also get the below books from the same London Design Museum Shop.




OOooooo. Spooky.


Spacey.

And I went to Finders Keepers market yesterday and came home with some obligatory pineapple paraphernalia and some brownies.






Fin.

22 comments:

  1. I do like a bit of a 'clean up' too when in the mood! Nice radio, more info please? And I think I need that tablecloth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The radio is a Lexon Mezzo. It's handy. I'd love to see someone get the tablecloth.

      Delete
  2. I just finished a Coursera course on John F. Kennedy. That family was a piece of work, for sure. I need to do a thorough cleaning like that, but I'm putting it off till the repairs have been completed on the ceiling in my bedroom. I'm sure that will leave a film of white on everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell us about the course! That white powder that renovations generates is destructive. No point cleaning until it's all over.

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of Archi-doodle!! ;)
    I popped in to FK briefly but was feeling a bit... Blah. A necklace purchase made me feel a little better! I think a Brownie would have done the trick too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a couple of stalls that I really wanted to see at FK but they weren't there.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Sisi. It's a cute nativity set. Baby Jesus is standing already! Child genius.

      Delete
  5. Everything looks so tip top and clean. What you call Jif over there we call Vim. Same lettering, packaging, etc. Weird eh? I haven't been able to comment on your posts lately. Let's see if this goes through.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say Vim. I say Jif. I still haven't emailed you. Oh well, will write you a looong Christmas cardage.

      Delete
  6. Happy Christmas Horsey.
    Seen any good films lately?
    You're so clean I could eat off you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last film I saw was Blue Jasmin. Someone suggested I should see that Canadian documentary on families - but I just can't shake my family loose enough to find the time.

      Delete
  7. Love a good clean/declutter. It makes me feel all organised and in control.

    The Christmas colouring-in cloth looks great. Alas I too have fallen off the Christmas budget wagon and am sitting in the dust as it tootles off into the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's with all the pineapple-loving lately? Do love me a slice, but no so much into the decorating with.
    Sad to see those books packed away. Old Pig's still on the shelf here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, actually what is it with pineapples?! I bought two pineapple brooches. I don't even like pineapples. Once something gets all popular I get turned off. Having said that someone said to me today, "Nice pineapple brooch". Old Pig's still on our shelves too :)

      Delete
  9. I do love a tidy Expedit and the child labour thing is a must. When one has manufactured one's own small sweatshop one must put it to good use. Dang that I missed the Finders Keepers again. My Junior Kafka arrived so now I need to buy more things off your present list. Such a time saver, you know!
    I still get a little tingle from those rainbow toes, Mr Horsey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those toes! Who are you giving the Junior Kafka book to? Did you think about getting the 'Unbored' book? That's brilliant. The husband can't wait until that gets unpacked on Christmas day so he can read it. It's a cracker.

      Delete
  10. Post Poo Drops. Buying some. (thanks for the tip Carmel x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every one should jump on board the Post Poo Drops. They work a treat. Like nothing else I've used ... again, the husband is agog at my clever domestic purchases. I amaze him in that respect.

      Delete
  11. Thank God SOMEONE mentioned the post-poo drops! i'm like 'back up the horse!' Please explain. Oh, will go and Google then...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the idea of post poo drops, will have to look into that ;) And love the square shelving you've got there, need more of that for storing merchandise and favorite collectibles!

    ReplyDelete