Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Orla's new shoes

Look at the new range of shoes by Orla Kiely & Clarks.



'bout time someone brought back the 70s heel.

11 comments:

  1. I'm likin' that chunky comfy 70s heel!

    I see you like bitossi, I did a post about bitossi, a few years back now, but here it is

    http://subversivedomestic.blogspot.com.au/2010/06/things-we-fear-most.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you get these little beauties?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are like a 70.s soothsayer. You say it shall be the 70's heel and it shall be so. How comfy groovy sensible do those look?! 'Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I swear those green ones in the middle are the same ones my mother had on to climb the Pyramid Rock Formation in South East Queensland in the 70's. She also had a baby on her hip. Those were the days- forget the nike trainers and handweights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments reminded me of a forgettable incident in my life which even today haunts my memories.
      Toolman (the untamed father of my children) had a boat where we would go for heady days to and from Straddie.
      I was 7 months pregnant at the time.
      It was past dusk, an hour when tamed sailors had already gone home and thoughtfully drinking their martinis and watching tv.
      He launched the boat on an unseen sandbank . We were stuck fast with the tide receding.
      I had to climb out of this vessel from hell and push him (ie. the boat) off the sand bank while he revved the engine.
      My second child , in utero ,could well have been born in the midst of the twilight Broadwater.
      He again has a boat.

      Delete
  5. Oh, wow...I love the yellow ones on the top row.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love these Carmel - heading over to have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd buy the flatties in a flash.

    ReplyDelete