Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Boi-yoi-yoing!

It's here! Spring! I'm desperate for warmer weather. Get Child 4 in some bloomers ... see those dimpled, elephant thighs.

The only thing I've missed this Spring is the smell of jasmine ... it's so redolent of this time of the year ... I used to love it when I was little ... it's intoxicating.

Anyway, considering it's Spring, I thought I'd quickly find a quirky mix of vintage and modern items that we all need to freshen-up the garden ... or ourselves ...

Let's tackle some weeds, troops!



Love this slinky hose from Top3 ... its springy characteristics are so seasonal ...


This is a pricey-watering can but we'd all look quite swanky using it ... throw it in the shopping basket, please!




You're not wiping your hands on the couch (as I've seen Child 1 do on-occasion), here throw on this delightful apron which is handmade by this lady ...





And here's an egg basket for those of you who have Fisher Price chickens ... how's an egg and bacon pie sound for lunch?


And tools! We all need some vintage tools ... start digging about a bit and look like you mean it!



If I had a cat I'd buy it this cardboard tank ... that'd scare the Buzzards! Here comes General Pussy Cat! 
Pow! Pow! Pow! Reeow!



And just so we don't pull up the wrong leafy-things, you'll each be guided by a botanical print ...



Being 'green' is so retro ... I love this 70s gardening book ....



Now, seriously, I covet this bird feeder ... it'd allow me to feed our little Butcher-bird friends, while sticking it to the Buzzards!



And I plan on sewing this bonnet for Child 4 ... because I'd hate for her chubby little cheeks to get burned ...


And because I've discovered she's too young to work at McDonalds to fund my Art purchases, she can till the soil using a Fisher Price gardening set ... 



And once all the hard work's done, you Three can have a game of croquet (I hate competitive sports) ... though I'm willing to raise-a-sweat by catching a Buzzard for you ala Alice ...


I may have to use ...


Oh, never! Perish the thought ... I now need to lie-down on the vintage li-lo ...


and dig into some ice in the Guzzini ice-bucket ... Guzzini! Who remembers Guzzini!



Have I forgotten anything? 

Do you garden?

Or kill Buzzards with an axe? 

(Some of you look horrified ... You do know I'm joking, Three Readers. Big Hugs! 
Drop the axe, Child One! Drop it ... )

10 comments:

  1. Birthday round the corner? Are you a September baby like moi? If so I might have a mid-Century surprise for you. Not totally unconnected to Guzzini. How can you imagine delicious Italian Guzzini design is forgotten? And BTW it's heading towards Autumn here with chill mornings, so less of the boasting please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms E-M,
    is Guzzini still around? Am I being nostalgic for no reason what-so-ever? It's probably like being nostalgic for denim.

    You know what I love about this blog? It's given me Readers in the northern hemisphere ... and I have especially enjoyed seeing the opposing seasons play out ... the photos in Scandinavian blogs have been amazing ... I'm looking forward to seeing Christmas photos in the northern countries.

    I'm no mental giant, people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeap Guzzini is still going. I nearly brought some mugs the other week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi, oi!
    I've got a New Zealand Christmas bush which has burst into flower.
    It's not Christmas in New Zealand , is it?
    No?
    This is one confused plant.
    Smallish birds come by each day to sip of its nectar.
    Fluff stalks them from the bed and launches herself at them, only to crash into the glass door between.
    She's confused as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you would find a way to put Child 4 to work. We just had the hottest day on record here but fall is right around the corner.
    Yours in seasoning,

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Guzzini ice bucket looks a bit like a refugee from Wall-ee. Perhaps it slides open to reveal a devastatingly sneaky turkey ambushing device. Thing is, what would one do with the turkey if one caught one. At least you can put a toad in the freezer although the idea of something hideous bumping around in its Westinghoused death throes has always been a little abhorrent to me. I say go with Child 1's urges if it helps her express her angst and rids you of the malevolent vermin.

    Do you think your Northern readers find our dislike of the scrub vulture unreasonable? All those garden implements look like anti- turkey devices to me: the power hose, the 'claw' tool, mallet, red cage, butcher's apron.....

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kotaatok,
    go back and invest in those mugs.

    DMC,
    I'm surprised there's enough oxygen up where you live for a bird to visit.

    Deb,
    I've said it before, I like the cut of your jib.

    AA,
    maybe I have some issues that need dealing with.

    When I was up North, one of the women at the newspaper would pick up toads by one of their feet-things, and fling/whack it against a metal pole and then she's toss the dead things over the fence.

    Cane Toads are a scourge, but I wish I could get that image out of my head.

    Yours in living with nature,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some very stylish gardening implements there. I'll have the slinky hose, thanks very much. And I love Guzzini - they made some very funky light fittings. I hope you enjoyed the first day of Spring. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Anita,
    the hose is cool. You could do with one to saturate your front lawn.

    And wasn't it warm today? I hope you reclined a-bit in your Casalino chairs!

    Yours in enjoying the outdoors,

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't garden without perfect vintage tools - good girl. Looks like you're getting ready for gardening season, as we pack up our garden stuff and get ready for Vancouver rain. Oh well.
    Btw, those bird feeders are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete