Thursday, August 19, 2010

I could live here ...


but for how difficult it'd be reaching those books ...


but for the amount of grout that'd need scrubbing in that citrusy bathroom ...


but for how tricky it'd be changing the sheets on the kids' beds ...


but for one of those ladders-on-tracks again which we've had problems with before ...


but for nothing ... this kitchen is beautiful ... and look at all those cupboards for storing children ...


but for Childs 2 & 3 swinging back-and-forth on the trapese in front of the TV ...


but for this man, who unfortunately lives in the house already, and I'd feel a bit uneasy trying to explain my continued presence to him every morning ... it's all on here.

14 comments:

  1. haha, you are so right re: pain on changing sheets and kids swinging back to front when we try to watch tv. regardless it's a really pretty and modern house to live in, yet not that practical! :P thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say a group of circus performers own that house. They swing, they scale the walls to reach the book shelf, they contort to fit into holes to the bed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi-Ho Nattie,
    it is a great house ... I like being picky because it makes me feel better that I actually don't live there!

    Brismod,
    ha! That's very funny! And they have a really tiny car which the entire 13 of them manage to fit into ... all at once! And it has a funny horn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure he wouldn't mind you moving in as long as you changed the sheets on those darn beds!! Have a great weekend. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Can't say I like the bathroom colour, though - it would make me feel queasy, but I do like the built-in sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hee hee! I think it's one of those places that would only be fun to live in if it came with household help...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Catherine: You know they have household help, or else they couldn't afford all the impractical furniture ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is lovely but I can't help but be reminded of a reality T.V. show set. Do you think the 'B' in the lounge is his initial....Bjorn,maybe...Benjamin...He looks a little disapproving like he just sprung you stowed away in his kitchen cupboard with your kids.

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. HeeHee! You are so right! Is there a Mrs or a housekeeper to do all that cleaning and bed making? I bet a man designed the beds and a woman designed the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer things just a tiny bit more practical myself, otherwise "fun" ;)

    Re: And go Brisbane ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No no no no - I can't see a door for the lav. What architect designed madness is this? Think of the bairns they don't need to see such things from their bedroom.

    M-L

    ReplyDelete
  12. All too tidy.
    Mess means someone actually lives there.
    All I approve of are the Miro's .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh ... this was a contentious post. I only put it on because I had nothing else to think of.

    The architect/owner is the man who looks disparagingly at me every morning when he realises I'm still living in a cupboard.

    M-L, 'Bairn' ... I haven't heard that word since Queen Elizabeth asked Child 4 and I to reunite our Duet and play 'She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain' on the spoons and vuvuzela at the 2009 Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

    ReplyDelete