English Fairy Tales I, oil on linen, 2010
She is quite ... make that, extremely ... clever and very kind to agree that I can show some of her works.
She studied Fine Art and completed her Doctor in Visual Arts at the Queensland College of Art in Brisbane - thus, I boast, there's a geographical link between us ...
New York, New York, oil on linen, 2010.
(Yes, yes Child 4, it's a tenuous and desperate bow to draw! You are such a naysayer for someone who has recently been a nought!)
Orange County, oil on canvas, 2009.
Anyway, one day I may find one of Ms Reichelt's paintings under the bed.
Poodle Springs, oil on canvas, 2006.
You never know.
Poodle Springs, oil on canvas, 2006.
You never know.
Green Room, oil on canvas 2009.
In the real world, Ms Reichelt is rapidly, and deservedly, gaining much acclaim for her work.
Twin Lens Reflex, oil on canvas, 2006.
She has won a long list of awards, and her pieces are displayed in galleries around Australia including the Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art, and of course in private collections all over the world.
And we all know what that means for the prices of her work ...
L'armees de trois, oil on canvas, 2007.
(Child 4, I would be investing in one now if the small matter of your nappy supply wasn't a persistent leak from the gusset of the weekly budget.)
Snow domes, oil on canvas, 2007.
But, onward and upward for Ms Reichelt, I say!
The Big Twitch, oil on canvas, 2008.
She is represented by Dianne Tanzer Gallery in Melbourne.
You can see more of her extraordinary work here.
Hidden, oil on canvas, 2004.
In the meantime, I have to be satisfied with what the progeny produces ... specifically Child 3 ...
Train, felt pen on paper, 2010.
And this by Child 2 ...
"I'm blasting off this disco ball!" felt pen and collage on paper, 2010.
(And no, Child 4, what you produce in your nappies, in no way
represents Art in any of its forms.)
represents Art in any of its forms.)












stunning art works- especially drawn to the one with the green book spines. and very cute train and disco ball rocket too!
ReplyDeleteWow! Those works are truly amazing. I'm in love with the snow globe one. And I have to say the one with the space rocket is pretty damn amazing too. ;o)
ReplyDeleteAlas Miss MMC, we may have missed the boat with Ms Reichelt's prices. I seem to recall David Bromley selling big canvases in the Valley around the mid- 90's for $400.00 and deciding to wait a bit as we had just returned from overseas skint. Guess I should have used the magic card.
ReplyDeleteAnnie
Megan and CK,
ReplyDeleteyes, I love her work. I could look at it all day. I think I read that the Snow Globe one had been bought by one of the Qld State galleries.
Anon Annie,
that would be a regret. A big regret. I'd probably lie in bed at night sobbing ... Puts your whole hunt for Fisher Price animals thing in perspective.
P.S. Wouldn't that "Orange County" one look good with your orange and blue display shelves!?
ReplyDeleteAA
AA,
ReplyDeleteyou're all over this thing! And wouldn't the Green Room look perfect near the monstera?
At what age can children start doing some red-eye shifts at McDonald's?
Yours in hunting for small change in the recesses of the couch,
I had no idea she studied in Qld. And how kind of her to let you use her images! Thanks for the nice comment by the way. xx
ReplyDeleteAh, they're fab. Your talent for procrastination is proving very educational and enlightening for the rest of us.
ReplyDeleteThose paintings are amazing! I had to keep checking to make sure they weren't photographs. The Childs' artwork is amazing too. You'd better hang on to it, you never know. Here, you have to be 16 to work at MickyD's. Just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteYours in resuming child labour,
Thank you for introducing me to Victoria Reichelt 's works - I like them a lot. Shall research more about her though she's probably out of our price range now. Mr EM and I have always collected art (within our usually stretched means), so were the last in the neighbourhood to acquire the latest technical thingies ( like colour TV back in the day). But we happily haunted small but prestigious art galleries and occasionally managed to stump up for a painting of an 'up and coming' or a screen-print from one becoming more established (i.e. more expensive). And when money was very short we sold them - always at least getting our money back ( more than you can say for a used TV). Still doing the selling sadly, but we have had the pleasure of them for many years. We always bought for pleasure not profit but have been lucky that they repaid our trust and faith in the artists. So, if you like an artist's work do support them. They may end up supporting you in your times of need!
ReplyDeleteOooooo, elegancemaison , that's one thing I could never do - sell them.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your pragmatism.
Of course, I love 'em all, but I'd be confused with our stacked bookshelves already filling all spaces.
I swear Victoria must have snuck in here when I'm out using my bookshelves as models.
I thought Child 3's painting was a patient on an operating table until I was enlightened.
I still think I'm right.
As for Child 2 rocketing off the disco planet, I'll have his next creation. The boy has talent and imagination . It might be a good time to buy his work do you think, before he becomes the next big thing?