This will be my last post ... Mother is becoming suspicious of my activity around her computer, and I can no longer pass it off as: 'Just defragging the hard drive, Mother' or 'Mother, I'm off to install the wireless router you're always on at me about!"
See all her computer contraptions?
It looks like she works for NASA, but in reality it's because she breaks things.
I am ONE today.
Mother says I am "ONE-derful!" Silly bat thinks her puns are amusing ...
For the last 365 days I've suffered with this family ... and finally I get some recompense.
Yo Gabba Gabba put on a 'birthday' episode, just for me.
My booty was satisfactory. I like my ball, and my Miffy book, and Alice is ... okay.
Crazy Mother gave me a book in Italian ... it's about Goldilocks and the Three Bears ...
She likes it because the bears are Beatniks and they have lots of nice furniture, which Goldilocks goes about destroying ... Goldilocks has a lot in common with Mother.
Mother said we'd better do something momentous for my birthday, so we went out for a cupcake.
Mother is tardy when it comes to getting my older brother, Child 3's, hair cut so she said he could slip in here for a trim and a flea bath. He seemed happy with that idea because he thinks he's a dog. Sometimes he smells like a dog ... and you know he likes licking things.
When we got home, Mother decided she should bake me a birthday cake because if we looked at photos of my first birthday, and there was no birthday cake, she'd look like a bad Mother.
Look how busy she is ... she has an apron on. You wouldn't think so, but she blow-dried her hair this morning. My understanding is that you also brush your hair when you blow-dry it. That's what Noodle says ...
She has to use a hand blender, because she broke her big blue mixer and it's been in the fix-it shop for the last three months. She says: "The part is on the slow-boat from China". I say, "Don't go sticking wooden spoons in the whirring blades of your mixer, sista."
Oh, here's the cake.
Just because I'm older, doesn't mean I've changed.
So there, Mother!
Take that, Noodle!
Did you say something, Belly button?


How funny...oh to still have a one year old...too cute!!!! Son number two aka skinny boys double is 15 today. Wish he was still one...he still thought I was cool then and not some annoying larger lady that begs for hugs ...yes sad indeed!! Please pass on to your mother I got some lovely German pots today will be in touch as soon as I get organized with some pics, cheers katherine PS do you think she will smash them? Haha
ReplyDeletehappy birthday, child 4! I will miss your posts (maybe you can sneak back again in a while...)
ReplyDeletePS: that bunting looks rather nice!!
happy birthday child 4, love those beatnik bears!
ReplyDeleteAll hail child 4 - and all the other mini-mmmc's!
ReplyDeleteM-L
Best wishes to you child 4! I love your Italian beatnik bears (I personally think she has plans for you to work in the Bitossi factory).xx
ReplyDeleteOne is a magic number, child 4. May your next year be splendid and exciting heralding new friends, new adventures and many fabulous foods to drop on the noodle dog.
ReplyDeleteAnnie and Maya
Excuse me! But Child 4 has been put, firmly and unceremoniously, to bed!
ReplyDeleteSo endeth her rule!
If you ever get to read this, Child 4, I hope your next 365 days are equally exciting as this one, and that your birthday cake was yummy.
ReplyDeleteBack to sleep now, belly button dreams to have.
C4, you are too adorable to not return to blogland. How about a splinter-blog? Instead of "make mine" we'll go with "it's mine" and you'll drag Three Readers across in no time. You have the power C4. How grand your second year will be.
ReplyDeleteAll,
ReplyDeletethank you for your kind wishes for Child 4. She made me read them to her ... she's insinuating that she now only reads Italian.
Yours in thanking you to allow me to show-off my baby, because I know you all have equally beautiful and precocious children!
And a child blogger is born! Child 4, you demand equal time girl! Hope you had a very happy day. A cupcake and a cake? SCORE!
ReplyDeleteThank you Child 4 and Happy Birthday to you! Your cake looks divine and I'm sure Noodle enjoyed it too. Be very careful Child 4, I think Mother is trying to brainwash you into loving mid century modern decor. Look away when she reads your new book to you, it's for your own good. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh so sorry I missed your birthday Child 4! Guess that totally loses me any chance of adopting you now?
ReplyDeleteMMC - due to my advanced age I have now moved on to boasting about my three year old grand-daughter. According to her mother she is studying for a PhD whilst in training for the 2012 Olympics. While only two she apparently discovered a cure for cancer, though it's strangely under wraps for some reason...
Dearest little "Belly button": Norwegians has always been a bit slow (except on skies), so I'm sorry I'm late - it's just my nature :) Just wanted to tell you to not ever change, that you are adorable and... say hello to your very kind mother. (Btw; we have the same chair, I'll show you one day soon :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you pulled through, Child4, after ingestion of your mother's cake.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your Birthday shook up your dosey household. (???dosey???)
Your computer skills are awesome.
I'm sure they helped get the 2 assignments in on time.
Don't give up the fight for your cyber rights.
Early morning sounds a good time to grab the laptop when your nappy's soaking and squidgy.
Gets the creative juices running and you manage to get your Mum off to a bad hair day start.
Love ya to bits.
And Hi Ho! to all other belly buttons out there.