If I ever get a job, I'll do us all a favour and buy a new camera.
The dolls' house is pretty much done. There's just some soft furnishings and the issue of indoor plants which I have to nut-out. I can take you through, room-by-room, and explain the details if you want. Just say.
Its owner isn't that keen to play with it, it seems. She does tell me she loves it, but she appears happy just to look at it. Time will tell. I can't be expected to hover over it 24 hours a day with an electric zapper, can I?
Inspired by an article in the latest issue of Inside Out, I decided to make a felt carpet.
Aren't they nice, undemanding colours?
No one told me how pleasant it is to sew with felt. What else could I sew with felt? A trilby hat maybe? A horse-hair wig?
Here's a 'mood board' of sorts. I have to thank good old KLT for these fabric scraps. I've had them for ages. She's a good stick is ol' KLT.
Today, when I ventured to Bunnings for a hacksaw, I picked up these little beauties. They're tiny and only cost $3.50 each. Yes. My thoughts exactly.
They'd make great indoor plants for the D.H., but I suspect they'd die after a short while. I'm now thinking I need plastic plants, but I'm not sure where I could get them. Thoughts? Pet shop with fish supplies?
They'd make great indoor plants for the D.H., but I suspect they'd die after a short while. I'm now thinking I need plastic plants, but I'm not sure where I could get them. Thoughts? Pet shop with fish supplies?
In other high-brow ponderings, these Dinosaur Designs salad servers and bowl were in the latest edition of Vogue Living. Aren't they rip-snorters?
And because there's no longer an aged-poodle about, who had a tendency to wee indiscriminately, or more particularly on Scandinavian woodwork, I could put the Christmas tree upstairs.
Having said that, poodles are for sale. Right now. This weekend. Poodle puppies. It's a bit discriminatory making the chocolate ones more expensive than the black ones. Particularly when I'm aiming for a chocolate one. SCHEISTERS!
Cordial ice-block anyone? Go on. On the back deck, so if it drips I won't get cranky.











Oh, you should so get a puppy. However, I seem to want to give my puppy away every 5 minutes, but that could be due to me having very crazy children. I am sure yours are much better behaved and far more quiet than my lot are. Cheers, Amy
ReplyDeleteI'm aiming for something Dinosaur Designs for Chrissy this year...preferably a lovely chunky bangle...
ReplyDeleteI can't believe the size of that dolls house, it's massive, I didn't realize it was so big. You've done a terrific job MMMC, each room looks awesome and I love the roof top garden.
As they all say: When can I move in?
x
Lemonade ice-blocks were my fave when I was a teenager in Australia. At first we laughed at the wonderful Aussie, "say it like it is", name for what in England we had called, " ice-lollies". I'll be over in a minute - keep a space for me on the back deck!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant job on the dolls house.
ReplyDeleteAmy,
ReplyDeletehello. I'd love a puppy. I was reminiscing about my Noodle-puppy experiences in Milton Park this afternoon. I think I'll wait until the Christmas craziness is over though. Fair's fair on a small dog and all.
Kylie,
you know I hadn't thought of putting the hard-word on re Christmas and DD. I WILL now!
Ms E-M,
they are just a block of ice though, aren't they? And there'll be a deck chair with your name on it, waiting.
Nelly,
I said to my husband, "If I had my own room, I'd have the dolls' house in it". Now, if I only had my own room, with my own bed, with all my things in the room which had a lockable door. That's a thought!
Wow. The house is amazing! The wallpaper and felt rugs are genius. Love it!
ReplyDeleteIs it really time for trees already? Must we? I'm just dragging myself to the school finish line first! I love that roof top garden- very eco chic. Mine has a planter made, of course, from half a pav. magic shell with a sprig of succulent in it. It's a jade plant. It's tough, needs little water and is actually growing on the DH verandah in a bonsai kind of way. Do you want some?
ReplyDeleteThe house is looking fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteAnd sewing with felt - I'm just getting into how good the wool felt is - cuts so nice and looks way better than the normal stuff!! (the wool felt in NZ was soooo thick and expensive)
Update on our Great Poodle Hunt ... silver poodle hopefully coming soon.
ReplyDeleteYour dollhouse is the bomb! Good little Martha. We call'em popscicles over here, what can I say? Put your order in for a choc poodle ASAP. Love your sticky tree.
ReplyDeletexo
Noice to see the Christmas Stick again! And do you have a miniature one in the doll's house? Now, there's a question... will you be decorating the DH in alignment with the seasons? If so, what is the height of DH Christmas Chic?
ReplyDeleteI want to come for a visit and play with your fabulous dollhouse! I love it! The carpet is perfect!
ReplyDeleteI love the roof garden, so chic! The wall paper in the master bedrooms reminds me of a pair of curtains in my bedroom when I was a kid in the (ugh) seventies. I just realized I can even say things like 'when I was a kid in THE LAST CENTURY'. I think I'm going to kill myself.
ReplyDelete(Poodles for sale. What a shame.)
I love your Christmas tree!
ReplyDeleteI love your Dolls House!! I wish I had something like that when I was little.
ReplyDeleteDinosaur Design salad servers are very cool too. xx
I've been following Max's dollshouse avidly, looks like I've been missing out on most of what you've been up to. I love it though, especially the roof garden. When I was little I made myself some dolls house plants from plastic plants (like you said, probably from a fish tank) and a toothpaste lid for the pot. As you don't tend to get that kind of lid anymore you'd have to improvise - maybe the lid from a tomato puree tube?
ReplyDeleteI am imagining you hovering over your house with a cattle prod - oh dear! I can't blame you as it looks fantastic! I am so excited at the prospect of you adopting a poodle. Mum and dad have been in strained discussions over having another one. When dad realized he was going to be responsible for all the grooming, clipping and vet visits this time round he has decided to hold off. Can I cone and play with your pup when it comes? X
ReplyDeleteYou've completely outdone yourself with that felty rug - it's a triumph of design!
ReplyDeleteLove the dolls house esp. the roof top garden with clouds,the fabric colours are perfect.Martha is looking rather small in comparison.Wonderful Christmas tree.
ReplyDeleteI can't fathom that you'd want the owner to play with it, for pity's sake. After all your hard work? I should like a cordial ice, please. And the opportunity to eat it on your back deck, while i watch the kiddies tumble with the new, chocolate poodle. Calling my travel agent now...
ReplyDeleteOk, well if no one else has pointedly asked for the room by room walk through with your typical commentary then it will have to be me. It looks fabuloso and she will start re arranging it the minute you are not looking. I too am a big fan of felt, so completel easy to not stuff up despite best efforts. Get the poodle, perhaps one without scandinavian furniture issues. melx
ReplyDeleteNo.1: I never had a doll's house. I love yours
ReplyDeleteNo.2: DH owner is clearly a connoisseur who just likes to admire. Is anyone else allowed to play? I suspect not!
No.3: Dinosaur designs salad servers? Wow
No.4: Not a dog person, but I like the look of those
No.5: who wouldn't want an ice block on your deck!
The doll's house is quite simply fantastic! I am paticularly impressed with the clouds and I love the tree on the side xx Katherine
ReplyDeleteOBH,
ReplyDeleteThank you. Very kind. Because one person has asked for a ROOM-BY-ROOM assault, I'll tell you where I sourced the decals. Yes. I will.
Kerry,
ReplyDeletemy two boys have been playing with it in unconscionable ways ie Playmobil police and pirates have been mucking about in its spaces. I zapped them.
OBH,
I'm trying to work out how I can replicate some Bitossi in the form of beads. If I can't do that, well then dammit I'm going to have to purchase some human-sized stuff.
BungalowG, thank God for you. I'm itching to bore everyone stupid with a minute, blow-by-blow description.
LOVE tghe dolls house! Please to a room to room session, i would absolutely love to see. I am planning to redecorate a dollshouse for christmas, and I am in much need for inspiration.
ReplyDeleteLove you blog, so happy I found it.
Kind regards from Mumsi- With a playful mind, Oslo, Norway.
I can't wit to see your new addition....and your doll house is something I could look at forever!!
ReplyDeletejob well done on the doll house :)
ReplyDeleteI see you've got your tree up (glad that it's free of the threat of urine).
I have get to do any Christmas decorating....maybe tomorrow I'll pull it all out...
Frau S, thank you for your comment. That's very nice. I generally copy people and ideas, so I can't claim 100% originality.
ReplyDeleteAnnie,
no it's not tree time. Because we have two trees, I save the traditional one for December and put the Scandi one up to try and fill a bored 5 minutes. I was hoping it'd distract the children. I've bought a number of pavlova eggs, thrown the contents and taken to the casing with a hacksaw.
Jennie,
my felt squares just came from a craft shop. I don't think they're too flash, but they're nice to sew with. NZ felt must be the real deal.
Little Miss AG, I'm so excited about your poodle news! So excited!
Debbish,
I think you've inadvertently named our next dog. She'll be called 'Popsicle' or 'Poppy' for short, I've decided.
It's just beeayootifull! So impressed. Can't wait to play with it. Don't zap me.
ReplyDeleteHow smart am I??!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, I can't believe you have the patience to decorate the doll's house like that! It's gorgeous, but what a job.
ReplyDeleteYour doll house is dreamy!!!! I'm soooo inspired!
ReplyDeleteI want to do a Honey I Shrunk The Kids and morph myself so that I can live in your doll house forever. I won't need feeding much, and will promise to water the parlour palms.
ReplyDeleteI've never sewed with felt. I have an odd desire to try it.
We make ice cups here - cordial/juice and water - then freeze. They last longer. Read: the kids stay in the garden and you get at least 20 minutes of peace!