Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dolls' House Sneak Peak; Kitchen tips; weekend escapades

Here's a couple of shots of the dolls' house. 


I have to stop painting stripes, move it out of the garage, and start thinking about soft furnishings and house plants.

Then it'll be time to grit my teeth and let everyone play with it.


The disco-heart will be the first thing that'll be destroyed, I bet.


Just like Max, I'm using velcro spots to attach my pictures to the dolls' house walls. That way they can be moved around. Max is too clever.

If you need a peeler, buy one like the above. It doesn't look the goods, but it came highly recommended from a kitchen shop. I've never had a better peeler.


Who said they have difficulty chopping herbs? Well, the sales assistant who shoved the peeler in my hand, suggested I rally the help of some rusty, but trusty, kitchen scissors, and a coffee cup, and jam all my parsley into the cup ...


And get cutting while I discard any bad memories of knives and chopping boards ...


Wa-la. All cutted and neat and tidy. Were you already onto this little gem of an idea? I feel like I haven't lived.


Speaking of living, someone's been horsing around with Horsey and Eustace. Either that or they're training for the Australian Commonwealth Games 2018 gymnastics team.


I'm not sure if it all the horse-play happened while some of us were out.


Thinking of poodles we've known and loved.


Hot.


Dump.


Martha makes me read her the adventures and beauty secrets of Lady Penelope, special agent for International Rescue.


I don't know why.


Glamour deficiency maybe?

22 comments:

  1. OMG be still my beating mosaic mirrored disco heart. I think I'm in love!
    I think Horsey and Eustace may be in love too???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't onto the idea of the parsley in a cup I would have to admit. Fab idea though!

    Horsey and Eustace are just horsing around aren't they? Plastic or not plastic.

    I have always loved Lady Penelope's posh accent. I don't know why! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I meant to also say - I hope you didn't dump the kids! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you tempted to adopt another poodle into your life? Bit sad to see the "dump" photo :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. All life is here! Horsey and Eustace: Get a room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, the glamour of Lady P - Must Be Encouraged! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the best times! I learn so many things on this blog.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never know what those horses will be up to next , they have stayed out of the hospital lately....super kitchen gadgets!! these are always worth there weight in gold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to mention your doll house decorating is too die for!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Admit it MMMC, you're having far too much fun with that doll's house to let mere children play with it! I was shocked ( granny hat on)by Horsey and Eustace. Of course I then realised that Horsey is such a media star and is obviously just rehearsing his role in the equine production of "Brokeback Mountain". Phew.

    Thanks for the tip about chopping parsley -brilliant. But hate that peeler, it skinned me every time time I used it. I prefer the single, wiggly pointy one (will put a pic on my blog).

    And Lady Penelope - I've just realised who she reminds me of. That hair, those lips, those nails, that favourite colour. Run don't walk, People!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU'RE GOING TO LET THEM PLAY WITH THE DOLL HOUSE?!?!!

    *sigh* *calming breath*

    that herb cutting technique will change my life. thank you.
    also,
    YOU'RE GOING TO LET THEM PLAY WITH THE DOLL HOUSE?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura the Explorer,
    I don't know how I can not allow my children to play with the house without coming across as the dictatorial, nasty mother-type mother.

    Ms E-M,
    you make me laugh. Though sometimes you make me teary. I did for a fleeting second think I could shave my legs with the peeler, but then hygiene slapped me in the face. Go on, show us your peeler.

    Gotta go, I have a fight on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, I'm going to buy that peeler. And some kitchen scissors. I always found the actress' style playing Miss Penelope a bit wooden. But, I suppose it was the '70s. Your dolls' house is might impressive. And beautiful. I love the stripes. You don't have to let the children play with it, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zigsma,
    I just broke up the fight 6-yr-old vs 5-yr-old fight, so I'm back.

    Yes, I was totally unconvinced by that Thunderbirds show. Stupid Tracy family.

    And okay, I'll razor wire/electric fence the dolls' house (I see you've finally mastered the possessive apostrophe).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mom didn't let Laura and I touch her doll house for a long time. It was off limits to everyone- and we were well into our teens!! I don't think you'd be 'nasty mother type' if it were off limits to the kiddies- every mom should have something of their own. I have my book shelf full of my English Literature textbooks and recipe books- heaven help Juri if he decides to touch those one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe you like that style of peeler. It is all they sell in the UK and I have been forced to import my preferred option from Australia. I also can't believe it is the presence of a peeler that has prompted me to write for the first time in a long time - still love your work though. M-L

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Wow & Wow again!! Love the Dick Bruna wall art, the stripes, the folksy bed, the bookshelf, the petit flokati, the cushions, the new occupant's tans, in fact I love everything!! You've got yourself one fabtastic dollshouse there. Now, when can I move in..?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stripes. Disco Heart. I'm moving in.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the disco heart, you outdid my expectations with that one. And love any place where a teacup is as big as the head of the person drinking it. The artwork is superb- we have the same matching game at our place. melx

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey dear carmel
    i love that trick.
    cutting herbs in a cup with scissors.
    i never want to stop cutting.
    greetings from the swizz mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am in love with your dolls' house. The rainbow stripe floor is very impressive. Such neat painting.
    Another teacup trick, is to leave one next to the stove top whilst cooking/stirring to place your wooden spoon (be it wooden?!) into, rather than leave sauce/food all over the bench top. I'm sure you know this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bahahaha Horsey and Eustace are a riot. I LOVE the house. Besides looking amazing, it seems really functional. I'd love to know how it holds up with the kiddos. Mine are younger but I'm still trying to find miniature stuff the can't destroy. Trying being the key word. Love your work on this and thanks again for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete