Last night on the news, I heard the sad story of a lady in Warwick who died from suspected Eastern-brown snake bites.
The news story went on to inform its listeners that these deadly snakes are breeding like rabbits in Brisbane suburbs. A snake catcher said the snakes especially like dwelling in garages.
So, you can imagine how skittish I am trying to finish the dolls' house which remains in situ in the garage.
I'm in and out of that garage like a startled deer waving a paintbrush.
It's looking good though. The dolls' house.
I wouldn't be half the domestic physician I am today without these tools.
They get me out of all sorts of scrapes.
What's this I wonder?
Well, I took inspiration from the 1976 edition of Better Homes and Gardens and made a "Studio 54"-esque wall mirror.
Personally, I see this dolls' house as being the pinnacle of my achievements as a human being.






Lordy! It's marvellous! You're so clever! Those trees on the side are genius! If I was a snake I'd be hanging around that house too. !!!
ReplyDeleteYour d/house looks awesome. I love its exterior. And interior. And mirror.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's looking fabulous. Love your minimal exterior. Very cool. That mirror is incredibly cool too.xx
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny! Snakes give me the shivers. ewww.
ReplyDeleteYou dollhouse is coming along swimmingly. I heart it.
xo
You're brilliant MMMC! And very brave too! I wouldn't step foot in that garage without a snake wrangler at my side.
ReplyDeleteYou will have to train the lizards to attack the snakes!
ReplyDeleteTHat is one cute dollhouse! Good luck with the lizards and snakes. Yikes!
ReplyDeleteI say take your glorious doll house and run!!!
ReplyDeleteEspecially adoring the poppies wallpaper and the exterior flower garden. A thing of beauty x
Looking good MMMC.
ReplyDeleteI'm eager to hear a theory on why snakes are in such abundance this year. Definitely an increase in the pesky blighters around our parts as well.
You may need to start packing a four-ten whilst pursuing your creative pursuits.
Love it Carmel!!
ReplyDeleteLooking good.
ReplyDeletetime to move that dollhouse inside! either that, or sick that blue tongue on that brown snake, that oughta do it! btw, you are quite an amazing domestic physician.
ReplyDeleteThat mirror wall looks pretty stylish!
ReplyDeleteIf I was a king brown - I would love to take up residence on that very stylish terrace.
ReplyDeleteLoving your progress, all that floral wall paper is fantastic. Not sure about the lilac room, I reckon orange would be a better blend with all that retro. Your external wall mural is spot on. I think leave some fruit salad in the dollhouse, get the lizards to move in and good luck to the snakes. melx
ReplyDeleteLove the trees and the attic and thought it was a solar panel. You'd make a great doll house keeper, you petite thing.
ReplyDeleteEek!! I recently met my first blue tongue, in our garage and nearly had a conniption! It's legs were obscured from view and I assumed the worst, double eek!! Now thanks to you, I'm offering an olive branch to our new occupant... The dollhouse is looking so amazing, worth skulking around your garage for I reckon... Just skulk noisily.
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone for your nice comments about the dolls' house. It's taking a lot of time, and I'm spending a small fortune on tester pots.
ReplyDeleteFiona,
theory on snakes is that the last wet season has seen an over breeding of rats and mice, hence snakes have grown in proportion to their food supply. That's what I read.
Bungalowgirl, yes, I agree the lilac is a bit odd. I'm hoping it'll serve as an undercoat because I plan on wall papering that room with more flowers ... but they're lilac too, so I'm not sure if I've made a mistake colour-wise. I'm now thinking it all looks too busy.
EL, we've come across the blue tongues before too, and we thought they were snakes. I originally had no idea what sort of lizard they were until a blog-reader told me. I think they must be everywhere in Brisbane now due to the warm weather and mating season.
Argh! So cool!! Love the attic room, and the studio 54 mirror is simply INSPIRED!
ReplyDeleteClearly if you ever get tired of saving the world as an esteemed lawyer, you can always rest easy knowing that your doll house creations will make you a fortune. That mirror is most excellent!
ReplyDelete