Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hoo Doo

Hoo Doo you do?

Here's a blurry shot of my piano-playing eldest child.


She's a maestro in an Emo's body.

I send her off once-a-week with a $30.00 cheque to pay her piano teacher.


This morning I discovered two weeks' worth of $30.00 cheques under her bed.

So, I banned her from watching two weeks' worth of television.

So she left me this misspelt message of ill-fate.

29 comments:

  1. Your piano is very shiny and new looking. New pianos frighten me because of what my children might do to them. There has been a Nikko message on a post under our house for several years which reads "I hat mum". I think your emo should marry my emo and they can play duets on my spotty piano stool together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Did you tell her that you and the evil spirits are old friends and you taught them all they know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimmie,
    it's a laugh-a-minute until I discovered I'm battling head lice infestations on four fronts! Evil Spirits indeed!

    Annie,
    that's a Church piano. That's an endearing note, isn't it? Child One is now saying Child Two wrote the note, which may explain the spelling. And Child Two was the first with the head lice so maybe he did write the note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't know whether to be upset about the message itself or the spelling. Perhaps she could re-write it one hundred times whilst not watching television.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that really is too funny, maybe except the headlice, ewww...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The evil spirits are coming and your eldest child may well be playing the accompanient!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, lots of fun with lice,
    dear Carmel...?
    You have to be as thick as thieves against them!

    (And child one is 1. a child and 2. one... mercy!)

    May I give you a hug? a big 'from a mom to a other mom'-hug?
    Love,
    Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ariane,
    I'm glad there's lice in Germany! I thought we had a case of head lice once, but now I realise we didn't. I now realise what head lice is what it entails. All FOUR! I'm standing resolute against the evils.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is hilarious she certainly is spirited! But she's got it wrong...they are not evil spirits they are good blogging spirits that are coming and I know for a fact something good is going to be coming your way soon.....xx Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. OBH,
    are you offering to take my children away for a weekend of fun at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is too funny. someone's been watching too many scary movies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder if those evil spirits take personal cheques?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe she's exorcising the evil spirits with the church piano!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Carmel,
    of course there are lice in Germany! I know it first hand... three children and - me, five years ago... My trick to give a name to yukky animals didn't suited: they were too much, I ran dry of names...
    Positive: minimalist rooms.
    x Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had you made the cheques out to cash?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was thinking the same thing as Zigsma. I betcha she's rich...have you checked the excursion and tuckshop money? Not a bad little operation she's got there. Too funny.
    And yes, I think good spirits are in order for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emo child is too funny. Are the lice the evil spirits? My laptop is broken so I'm around, I just can't type anything!
    Must be those evil spirits.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is too funny, I would save this one for a later date....

    ReplyDelete
  19. my 18 year old brought home lice just a month ago! and i thought we were done with all that nonsense, sheesh. it just goes to show that, as mums, our jobs are never finished!
    nice piano teacher doesn't haggle you for unpaid teachings. maybe nice teacher should get a nice x-mas bonus?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too funny! I like that the teacher carried on teaching without question, maybe child 1 has been giving IOU's in lieu of stashed cheques.......
    I'd love to meet her in about 20 years and see what path she has taken - concert pianist or a life of crime. lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd say that that message was written by Child #2.
    If you read it as it's written, he is saying "Evil spirits are combing".
    So, phonetically, he's spot on.
    Why is it that you have all the fun?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Too funny! Maybe child one can piano charm the lice out of the house ala the pied piper of hamlyn since thats how they got in?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Only one thing for the note. The offending child must write it 100 times correctly. And child 1 Should write esprit de corps 100 times for snitching. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Classic. And my husband is the lice exterminator in our house. Shall I send him down?

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh the drama! child one will have to compose a musical to commemorate it all

    ReplyDelete
  26. bahahaha! What a hilarious kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a funny pianist.
    Have you visited the mystical Nit Man?

    ReplyDelete