I've loved this weekend. So cold and rainy. I came home on Friday evening to find these lilies. They are still going strong and their scent fills the house.
We have a lot of old toys from when I grew up. You know why? My parents saved them. So that's what I'm doing. Packing away the old toys for the next generation. It's not hoarding.
We visited Grandad and Grandma.
Grandad bakes his own bread.
That's not Grandad. That's the cat.
Grandma helped Solid Gold Dancer No. 1 with her knitting. She's knitting a gold mesh leotard and spangly leg-warmers.
Poodle. He's 10.
We played with our little cousin. She's like a pixie.
She does crazy things at the dinner table.
Grandma knitted this beautiful, heavy alpaca blanket and gave it to Solid Gold Dancer No. 1.
I just made banana bread. We're just bursting at the seams with cozy craziness. See you. Thanks for reading.












How cute is poodly? What a character. Poodles run in your family like they do mine. It's hard to look elsewhere once you've had one in the family. I can't wait for you to adopt another :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks and sounds like a super cosy weekend.
xx
Love cosy weekends.
ReplyDeleteLove baking bread too.
Take care.
Firstly you can never ever use vintage fisher price toys and hoarding in the same sentence. Sacrilege. Just get rid of all the nasty stuff with no soul and send the good stuff back to the grandparents to store! your gang are a hoot, cannot believe the pixie creature doing a headstand at the table- probably as she has no siblings to poke her in the bottom with a fork. Thanks for the book tip btw- you are such a clever chook reading between the lines. I have not read that one yet(think it is from eyes of a teenager from memory) and I am still reading all the ones about how to wrangle the same when they are small children as that gives him the best chance at making it to adulthood intact. Did read Kathy Lette's new book and loathed it, not my style, very peppy in an irritating surreal kind of way. Don't work too hard now, we need regular posts to perk us up. melx
ReplyDeleteHolding on to those toys is not hoarding! I love your solid gold weekend with your Solid Gold Dancers.
ReplyDeletexo
When you build your mid century design home don't forget to include an attic. I yearn for an attic of Greg Brady proportions to store my treasures and maybe even children in. Does Solid Gold dancing run in your family like poodles?
ReplyDeletePS. Grandma's alpaca must have been a bit of hard yakka! How scrumptiously cosy! Love all the hands at the lunch table too. That is what we call "the threshing machine" effect at our family dinners!
ReplyDeleteWhat fantastic family time! Those are things your kids will remember for the rest of their lives.
ReplyDeleteI do love Grandma's alpaca blanket!
ReplyDeleteRottweiller's run in our family, what does that say about us?
I would love to snuggle up in that Alpaca blanket, or even with that poodle. Not the cat. I might try a handstand at the table tomorrow night. Wonder if any one will notice. Hope the flexi hours are accumulating fast enough.
ReplyDeletethat blanket is a bit spesh.....I love crafty Grandmas I too make my own bread Im a little envious of the rise Granddad has achieved on that loaf.
ReplyDeleteA handstand at the table now why didnt I think of that crowd pleaser? That toy shop oops cornwe looks familiar Ive seen it in my past life and oh the maitenance it took to contain it to one corner of the room......But those weekends of Grandparents, kids, baking and cold rainy weather cannot be matched for cosiness factor except maybe an electric blanket.
Im glad I found you again blogwise unfortunately for you I may bombard you with comments as I catch up on missed posts I hope you dont mind.
Helen :)