I think I've mentioned how much I like Friday night. This triptych is from the bus.
The League's on tonight at Suncorp Stadium.
Are there some brands you just keep returning to? I first met Camper when my mother brought me home a red pair from a trip to Espana. That's how I say 'Spain'.
Now Brisbane has its own Camper store, I can just throw away that airbus-ticket to Madrid.
Hello Dinosaur Designs.
I love this new store. In fact, I'm in love with the whole Wintergarden complex. I treat myself to a solo stroll-through every Friday evening.
Look at those platters and vases. Can one ever have enough? I. Don't. Think. So.
And this Sydney store. Would you pay $250 for a pair of cigarette jeans? I think I just may have to. And there's gorgeous cashmere jumpers and cardi's as far as the eyes can see.
Korean H is fitting in well. She's so polite. I'm not sure how much she understands. So long as the Solid Gold Dancers are alive when I return from work, I'm not that fussed.
See what you can find in an Asian Supermarket?
Is that the bus?
Bloody mist.











Just isn't fair living in the north ... no Dinosaur Designs, no Camper ... just stinkin' old Kmart for me.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shot of H and the kids ... they don't look traumatised at all.
Helloooooo Dinosaur Designs indeed!
ReplyDeleteYour posts always seem to make me smile. Keep up the good work.
Oh Fiona. Who am I kidding? I shop at Kmart too. (And Target).
ReplyDeleteCurlyPops, thank you. That's made my day, because posts are so few now-a-days. I used to post once a day! I know!
Always love to see a post from you! Korean H looks like a real gem. She has a kind smile.
ReplyDeleteOh Kimmie, aren't you a doll? That just warms the cockles. I just scrolled through the posts on this blog just to see if they were any different from the last blog, and was wondering if it was worth changing over.
ReplyDeleteKorean H is very kind. I caught her the other day checking on the boys before they'd woken up. I don't even check on the boys before they've woken up (for fear they'll wake up). I wait until they raise their proverbial heads!
I miss living in the city! Friday nights are always great. Korean H looks like a keeper. We call that mist 'fog' over here. Mist sounds better.
ReplyDeletexo
I love Fridays too because it means we'll hear something from you! Everyone looks so happy with KH. I want to take a shop stroll with you in the city. Not much going on here except packing up the house. Moving day is looming.
ReplyDeleteYour kids look very at ease with the new au pair. what a charming little brood you have.
ReplyDeleteCampers win my heart every time.
Wow, Brisbane has some wonderful shops and places! Your children look very happy and healthy, and Korean H looks adorable, I just know that the rest of your weekend is going to be fun and relaxing!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous shot of the gang there - do you have a set of twins? And how cute if Korean H. Bet she is loving it! Keep your Posts coming, I love them. Sadly my Friday night shopping sprees include the bulk buy up at BigW followed by a stop at Kmart for any cheap necessities and finally the grocery shop at Woollies. Rivetting, I know. I do love those cute Camper boots! Mel x
ReplyDeleteGosh you crack me up. Its seems Brizzy is the fashionable place toe be. Camper AND Dinosaur Designs. You guys are becoming very spoilt up there. I'm beside myself that a T2 shop is opening on Hobart next year. Woo hoo!!
ReplyDeleteYour clan look very happy to be with H, or is it the icecreams? It'd be difficult to look sad with those big icecreams in your mits.
xx
ps woof from Molly
I didn't know there was a DD in town and I've never heard of campers, except the ones who hitch a tent...I'm so out of the loop. Jason hangs out at wintergarden... Seriously he's at that grilld burger place once a week. That's loyalty for you...one junket and he's all theirs. I wish you had more time to blog about your mundane. It is a highlight of my weekend when I check in and find a post. Booked your place on house tour yet??
ReplyDeleteJ....M....and J....I love Dinosaur Designs. LOVE. I think I need a field trip to the city to drool. I'd hate to see the prices though. I love friday nights in the city, it seems so grown up and special even your photos seem to have an extra sparkle because I know they were taken at night. Maybe we should do a blogger dinner/window shop one friday after you finish work ???? You could be the shopping tour guide for all us sad suburbanites who never make it beyond a Westfield. xxxx Katherine
ReplyDeleteThose platters and vases have totally won my heart! And it looks like your kids have won Korean H's heart as well. She looks very content with them, and they her.
ReplyDeleteyes camper shoes are a 'must have before I die' type of purchase they really are especially if you are in to shoes like I am I dont own a pair yet but they are on the list.
ReplyDeleteNow as for DD I have a DD bangle fetish I have 3 so far not many but the collection is growing I usually request one for the birthday though this year I went and saw Rene Geyer in the Speigel tent followed by a swanky late supper and cocktails.
All very hows your father and the NEXT best thing to a DD bangle...
I do recall that last hour of freedom before returning to the zoo of life as being the sweetest no ruglet hanging off your personage no wiping bottoms, blowing noses, lifting carrying and the quiet of peak hour traffic before the MUM! mantra. it would be like "Damn I just missed another bus home...maybe Ill pop in here for a coffee while I wait for another one".
How you really love work no REALLY love work cos its a day where you dont have vegemite toast stuck to the bottom of your shoes or some unrecognisable food stuff occupying the front of your shirt where a nice handcrafted brooch should be.
Those days are long gone for me and I could never justify having an au pair with only one child and a cleaner. But its with relief that I see you have one with your gorgeous tribe oops troupe of Solid Gold dancers!
Dawdle home on Friday....be late.....smell the roses because you deserve it.
:)