Friday, June 22, 2012

It's time to stop following

Here's a bit of what's been going on recently.


I've noticed a few people have stopped following this blog, and that's a relief to be honest.


I'm soon going to export this blog to another site, just so I can keep it for posterity, and then poof! Elton John it'll be gone, and the Make Mine Mid Century blog will remain merely a figment of blogging memory.


So, you should probably stop following now.



We've been busy.




Kids' bums.


You can email me if you need to discuss the finer details ... makeminemidcentury@gmail.com


20 comments:

  1. Love the kids bums
    Haven't read the blog
    Resisting unfollowing
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't resist. I'm going to export it. I've already shut down Horsey's blog. It's like a blog detox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of doing the same. I don't have the energy to keep it going lately. How and where do you transport it? I would like to save the content and start it up again later.
    I think most of the old followers have gone by the wayside and it feels a bit impersonal now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie,
      do it. You'll feel better. Cast off the dead wood. I've concluded that One can have X-number of followers, but really only a fraction of those following actually read and contribute, the rest followed at one point but lost interest.

      I learnt how to 'export' by going to Blogger Help and typing 'how do i export my blog'. It takes you through, step-by-step. You can export it to your hard drive and then open a new blog and import it to there. I'd do that first, before you 'publicise' your new blog, because when you import your old posts, they all get 're-published'. When I do that, there'll be 500-odd posts that'll show up in people's readers. I think I may have to re-publish a few old posts a day.

      Does that help?

      Delete
    2. Thanks Carmel. After we move my mother, and move ourselves, I'll attempt to move my blog. Five hundred posts is a lot of moving. I wondered why all the horsey posts were showing up on my blog roll. I like it!

      Delete
  4. While hitting "Stop following this blog" on MMMC (or Jamie's blog too) would seem a little like deleting family from your cell phone contacts, I understand the necessity. I won't whine too much, as long as both of you keep other blogs going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lady,
    I've been reading, but not communicating.
    would love to be able to follow along where you are now :)

    also, want to comment on the kid's bums but really don't know how without sounding inappropriate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Carmel,
    I've emailed to you.

    One question: Who is that friendly girl under Martha?

    x Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariane,
      that's our new au pair. She's wonderful! She doesn't come from Germany.

      Delete
  7. It's been great honey. So long as one day we eventually get our 8 children together in Brisbane, i'll be happy. Personally i don't know how anyone who works full time OR has lots of young children has time to blog. I didn't start until my 4th baby was in preschool & put out like 12 posts that year. Just know you'll be missed, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS unfollowing is not as easy as following, so i'll die as a follower!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay Im outta here Ill see you on the otherside!

    Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Off into the sunset. I enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the update. I miss your blog. But understand. Hope work is working for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda,
      I don't have your email. Where's M going in Y 8? And the boys in Yr 4 and 5?

      Delete
  12. All the best for the future :)

    ReplyDelete