1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Big news in London!!
My good friend in London sent me this link for some hot news direct from the UK.
The below picture is a bit of a sneaky peak. I think you'll all love it!!
Now, Hands up who wants a mauve couch and a yellow kitchen?!
I did think of yellow for the cabinetry in our kitchen. Honestly. And apple green, and orange (not together). Yellow will make an appearance - Lucy Violet's old cupboard for starters - because I love it. I think that house has been in Inside Out... I'm sure I've seen it before? Sooooo, thinking of making an offer? (you wish!I wish!) x
You´re absolutely right:-) WOW!!! I´d move right in without changing a thing!! It´s magnificent..... I´ve always love Lloyd´s building, it looks like a machine, very clever. And the Centre Pompidou, of course- what it does to that square is so great.
The broken door finally fell off my bright yellow glass cooker yesterday. Maybe I'll not bother replacing it - just nip round to Wimbledon and put in an offer on this house. ( I wish...)Cx
Nevermind the colors...Just give me a house with that much glass, and I'd promise never to run around the house in tank top and panties again, not even just to grab something out of the dryer. :)
I did think of yellow for the cabinetry in our kitchen. Honestly. And apple green, and orange (not together). Yellow will make an appearance - Lucy Violet's old cupboard for starters - because I love it. I think that house has been in Inside Out... I'm sure I've seen it before?
ReplyDeleteSooooo, thinking of making an offer? (you wish!I wish!) x
You´re absolutely right:-) WOW!!! I´d move right in without changing a thing!! It´s magnificent..... I´ve always love Lloyd´s building, it looks like a machine, very clever. And the Centre Pompidou, of course- what it does to that square is so great.
ReplyDeleteI'd buy it! ...I love how it looks so contemporary too, yay for yellow xx
ReplyDeleteMy hand's up!
ReplyDeleteThe broken door finally fell off my bright yellow glass cooker yesterday. Maybe I'll not bother replacing it - just nip round to Wimbledon and put in an offer on this house. ( I wish...)Cx
Nevermind the colors...Just give me a house with that much glass, and I'd promise never to run around the house in tank top and panties again, not even just to grab something out of the dryer. :)
ReplyDeleteI'd buy it without blinking those yellow iron frames are to die for.....Id pay cash if they threw in the furniture as well ;)
ReplyDeleteeh eh eh