Saturday, July 13, 2013

Henri, le Chat Noir

Bastille Day.

What does it mean to a 41-year-old woman who has to later drag four infants to a roller skating rink?

I am free. I am imprisoned.

7 comments:

  1. OMG
    so thats what my cat Tilly is trying to say! The word distain would feature often in her view of the world.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister showed me these videos yesterday. It was the first I'd heard of them. I have been watching them ever since! PS thanks for all your thoughtful comments on previous posts. I've read them all and nodded in gratitude.

      Delete
  2. I don't like cats, but I'll make an exception for Henri.
    Have fun at the rink Skater Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a cat fan either. I do like exceptional cats or 'ese' cats eg burmese, siamese, tonkinese etc. They seem to have personality.

      Henri has proved amusing and I've irritated my husband by watching episode after episode, snickering to myself.

      Delete
  3. I love Henri. And I love watching all you young mothers having to do all the crappy things I and so many mothers before me had to do. My daughter hurt her knee at the indoor trampoline center the other day, and I couldn't even feign sympathy. I thought it was a good start at payback for all those hours I stood in line at the amusement park, took her to loud pizza places where adults dressed up like mice and sat at her basketball and volleyball practices. Just know that the upside is this: 25 years from now, memories of afternoons at the roller skating rink will make you smile and get a little misty-eyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen to you. You're right of course. I look back at baby photos of my children and wish I could transport myself back for just a second. I also think of what my mother and father did for us growing up. We wanted for nothing.

      I have two weeks off from next week and all I'm going to do is slouch around and 'mother' the hell out of my four!

      Delete
  4. Meow!!! (Do you think he needs some prescription drugs?)
    xo

    ReplyDelete