Friday, July 19, 2013

Sleeping in

Solid Gold Dancer Number Four just asked me: "How were your holidays?" and I said, "I don't know, they haven't started yet!"

Last night we said 'good-bye and thank you' to the little lady in the pink cardigan (the one next to the shaggy D-A). So now I'm on official au pair duties until the next one arrives in a fortnight's time.

That means two weeks of doing things I never get to do: cleaning, trips to some op shops, culling, cleaning, re-arranging, sitting around staring into the yonder. Exciting.


Here's something that amuses me everytime I set pencil to paper.


7 comments:

  1. Great pic- the kids are beautiful! Good luck with your au pair duties, the op shopping part doesn't sound half bad:-) Not to mention the staring into the yonder, usually far too little time for that, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bye Bye Semi. It's been good to meet you.
    I hope the rest of your stay in Australia is productive.
    Did I tell you I love pencils finding them very consoling in my advanced years?
    How pathetic is that?
    I wish you good house keeping.(That's a good name for a new zine).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pencil. Goodluck with the au pair changeover and the no-mans land in the middle. I agree with tove that some of it doesn't sound half bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evil Genius. I love it! And, as always, the kids are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it wasn't too sad saying goodbye to her.....your fortnight sounds rather fun (except for the cleaning, there is never any fun in that!). I've been doing far too much staring into the yonder, must be almost time to get back to work. Lovely photo of the Kidlets and excellent pencil - that would amuse me too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two weeks off! I'll look forward to a humongous email...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you've pencilled in some putting your feet up time. You deserve some!

    ReplyDelete