It's as if I have highly-sensitive hearing which blocks out the panicked screams of small children in dangerous situations, but is attuned to the slightest movement in the grass.
Blue-tongue lizard movement, that is.
This was an exceptionally big lizard, which I stalked for some time.
It's as if I can speak lizard.
And because I'm at-one with nature, I'm making New Year's resolutions, such as only drinking freshly squeezed oranges, as orange juice, and only using orange kitchen appliances.
My other resolution involves a mariachi band and a troupe of unicycling lizards.






Only for you would I open a blog post featuring reptiles! I need to go and have a drink now. Keep up the orange stuff though :)
ReplyDeletethat's a lot of orange!
ReplyDeletethe hand puppet tattoos are hilarious!
I used to tell my children I don't want to hear about it unless there's blood. You are the Lizard Whisperer.
ReplyDeletep.s. Noticed the vegemite in your pic. Thankful I didn't get that in the mail!
p.p.s. Orange is the new Orange.
orange in the kitchen, in any shape or form, is a must! beware of lizards peeking through fences... you never know what they're looking for!
ReplyDeleteSounds as though lizard training has reached a new high, going oranges instead of bananas.
ReplyDeleteI chortle always at Deb.
Deb, you'd make a great little Aussie battler.
Or is that a bottler?
Please ignore the vegemite.
Thanks for the chortle DMC.
ReplyDeleteThat book of talking hands brings back a creepy memory: when I was little my Mum used to make the same sort of hand-mouth and put her lipstick on it. Then she'd wrap her headscarf round it and, lo, there was 'Maggie' who used to test me on my times tables! I hated her!!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, though, all the same. Have a good one. XX
Orange... the combination of thinking (yellow) and power (red)... it fits to you,
ReplyDeletedear Carmel.
Have a nice and happy New Year 2012! hopefully with many little Lizards?
Love,
Ariane.
Love your resolutions, waiting to see the orange toaster, bamix and kettle in your next post. melx
ReplyDeleteYou are almost up with John Farnham in revival blog appearances now you know. Hopefully the shame of outdoing him will keep you posting. melx
ReplyDeleteis there a new years resolution about eating toasts with vegemite aswell???
ReplyDeletehappy new year!
may it be a wonderful year. health, love, happiness....
♥
Love the resolutions and those hand tats. Tres cool, MMM-C.
ReplyDeleteGod you crack me up! Speaking lizard? Oh my. You'll be talking in (blue)tongues soon.
ReplyDeleteI like reading chortle; too infrequently used.