Some days, or weekends for that matter, are better over-with than begun. This weekend was one such weekend. I haven't experienced such mess, and fighting, and screaming and "I hate you's" since I don't know when.
Everyone has suddenly grown out of their footwear, and I spent a not an inconsiderable part of today bundling-up old shoes.
Mess abounded and I'd clean one area only to be distracted by some fist-fight and then turn around and see it needed cleaning again. Please tell me you have those days.
As for this child, she's turning into a monster. She allegedly called the neighbours 'doofheads' and she's perpetually screaming and whining and stomping. We're trying to get her out of nappies and get her sleeping in her own bed, as opposed to ours (bed not nappies). Though I can really only blame myself for letting things get this far.
I like to take my angst out by rearranging furniture hoping it'll make things look better.
I purchased my palm and we're both very happy. As for Woody A's 'Sleeper' movie, I only got half-way through its black and white futuristicness and had to call it 'a night'. All that slap-stick ... Anyone watch it?
Little buggar.
Maybe they're spoiled?
Speaking of spoiled. A good pal suggested I pick up these very cheap sticky date puddings at the school fair. I wish I'd only bought about 10 more. There was a bric-a-brac stall missing at the fair. I'm thinking of taking responsibility for that next year.
Look below at how well DDs packages their wares. Korean H is getting a small taste of Australian design for her birthday. The woman in the DD store told me that some customers come in every week to purchase something. I don't disbelieve her. And then the other shop girl said, "Just wait for the designs coming out at Christmas!" It was then that I screamed, 'See you in December!" and ran out waving my credit card.
I'm happy now.
Dear Carmel,
ReplyDeleteI know those days... those days. Its a mess around me, me fighting like Don Quijote against the windmill, I'm fighting against the mess.
You see, its a wheel. So I started to spring in that flow and swim without opposition. And, like you, I turn my view onto beauty. Little islands. Maybe some day they will becomes bigger ;)
You have wonderful children. Sit down on mother earth and hug them.
I give you a hug!
Love
Ariane.
Little islands of beauty. That's a nice way to view things Ariane. I'll think about the hugging thing later today!
DeleteOf course I have days like this! Regularly. In fact, it is so normal that I never think to photograph or post about it. Feel better? However, maybe I will do a "normal day" Post since reading my blog may have people thinking that all I do is travel around the country, overseas or have drinks with the Governor rather than the other 99% of the time which I dedicate to all things domestic. Korean H is a VERY lucky lady! Hope she has a wonderful birthday. Mel x
ReplyDeleteThis weekend was so 'normal' there was not much 'abnormal' going on. Maybe they're all tired? Can you leave your kids with the Governor? And you'll soon have five!
DeleteCarmel, you made quite a mess with the toilet paper dear. Yes, I remember those weekends well. This past one in fact. THose sticky date puds look like the bomb. Marvelous Martha! Your children are not spoiled. They're just being solid gold.
ReplyDeletexo
I just read this post to husband. He said to send Martha over, she'll straighten out in no time cleaning out Sassy's stall. He's the little bugger here.
ReplyDeleteIs Sassy a boy? I always thought he was a girl. No wonder that horse is confused. Martha's on the first plane outta here that'll take her!
DeleteOh Sassy is a girl all right.
DeleteI hear ya! I feel like I have that 'day' or 'weekend' most days!!
ReplyDeletePalm looks great! x
Palm and I are best fronds! Here's to a good week Donna.
DeleteEven grandmothers have days like those...and we generally think our grandchildren are perfect. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd lucky Korean H! I'm in love with the DD volcanic jars.
Dana, you should see the stuff in their shop. It's amazing. I could imagine you in some of their jewellery. A 'must' for any purveyor of fine Mid-Century furnishings!
DeleteI often watch my children and wonder what I've done wrong. The hatred between them at times can't be normal. All the other little blogging children are so perfect by comparison. Husband and I have spent the better part of the weekend keeping them separated, or screaming words of warning about keeping one's hands and feet to oneself! You're not alone, not that that's particularly helpful. Glad you got your palm, I'm delighting in ferns at the moment. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteI often wonder if it's me as well. My kids are scratchers. They're always at each other. If i were on a farm I'd send them out to crotch some sheep or something.
DeleteOh dear, for the last few? years I have been trying to work out if I see children in my life -just can't seem to decide. These posts make me think I just couldn't handle it! Ha! Surely Martha is not THAT much of a ratbag? Maybe just a very small phase?
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you bought H at DD. How exciting!
Have a peaceful week x
Two children and a labradoodle would make a nice combo.
DeleteI had a weekend exactly the same as yours Carmel, except my girls are older. Screaming, bitching, whinging, messing - the works! I've decided motherhood's not for me. Oops, too late!
ReplyDeleteI love the tiles on your loo floor and saw Sleeper through to the end. Watched it with daughter # 2, who said (in only the way a 15 year old can) "that guy gives me the creeps, he looks like a paedophile."
I'll leave it with you. Have a good week x
Kylie,
Deleteyour 15-yr-old is kind-of on the money with ol' Woody.
Motherhood. Sometimes I close the toilet door and stare at those tiles.
Forgot to mention swearing. The "f" word was uttered as often (more frequently in fact) as why not? and Mu-uuum! and me (me! me! me!) What about ME?
Delete'That's Not My Daughter...' Luckily these weekends pass. I love your palm! I've been asked to run the bric a brac stall at the fete. I don't know why they thought I'd be interested... I love the tiles in your tawlette too. The weekend has passed already. See?
ReplyDelete'That's Not My Bric-a-Brac stall ... there's no WG vases on it'. That's the approach to take, Zigsma.
DeleteWork is so peaceful.
I have days like those.
ReplyDeletexx
Glad to hear it, Farmers' Wife.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, many many days like those. In fact presume every day that I do not post is one of those, so about 3 weeks out of every month. And Liongirl, yep she is pure witch at present. We have the stomping and the whingeing and brandishing of sticks at school pick up. I have managed to befriend a school mum who is now offloading a plethora of shoes at me every week. The latest have pink sequins all over them and have been called " hip hop" shoes- god knows what she is actually doing behind those closed doors at ballet.... Go and stroke that palm and scoff down some more sticky date puds. May the force be with you. melx
ReplyDeleteForget to say, you are of course always welcome to bring your whole tribe over next Sunday while we excavate all the carpet from our dirt pit backyard. Wholesome family fun and all. melx
ReplyDeleteUs too. Here the pendulum swings between I-hate-you's, punching, kicking and throwing things to tormented lines of questing from Child 1 (my very own emo - aged 6) about why we ever thought it would be a good idea to have more than one child. By the end of those discussions I am usually apologising and pleading for mercy for my foolishness. Can't wait till she's 13.
ReplyDeleteBack at uni today - 4 subjects this semester...anything for some peace!
The said truth is you kid yourself into thinking it will be better when they are bigger. The truth is its not. Sorry about that. They just stay up later invading your time and listening to loud music. I can't believe I just typed that last bit.....I am officially old. I did watch some of Sleeper until I fell asleep. I was actually enjoying it more than I thought I would. I recorded it so will have to go back and watch it again.
ReplyDeleteYou should have adopted me when I told you. I'm already out of nappies and I sleep in my own bed. I clean my own mess. I never say I hate you if not to my bank account report. I never scream, if not to those missing zeros in my bank account report. I'm the daughter everybody would love to have. Please spoil me.
ReplyDeletephu! hang in there. breathe deep. what can i say??? no clue, i have never been there myself.
ReplyDeletewould be fun to treat you for a cake and a cup of coffee and some time on your own.
its been too long since i visited...
and how is the au pair btw?
What a great post! I love this, what joys to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteFortunately I have a Buddhist loving husband who takes over the boys tantrums with zen powers and hands me the eye rolling wife the toblerone!
Otherwise it would be the gypsy's for him!
I would love your bricabrac stall with all those WG! Xx