Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Asian supermarkets and life lessons

I love an Asian supermarket.


So many cheap things ...
 


So much great packaging ...


My adventurism only stretches so far as the biscuits.


And plastic utensils.


It helps having someone who knows what they're talking about.


This kid starts kindy today. 

She's promised me: "I won't scratch any of my friends". That's a promise that could apply to anyone of us really. Feel free to adopt her mantra as your own.

23 comments:

  1. At least she's not a biter!
    (is that how you spell bite-er? it doesn't look right)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She bites. Oh, she bites. She's a biter, all righter.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Kindy already. Hope you trimmed her nails right down... lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may laugh, but I did hold her down and clip her nails about two days ago.

      Delete
  3. Goodness me she has grown so much! I still laugh at the pic of her in a nappy with the vegemite on toast stuck to her bum. Classic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should find that photo. (That does make me laugh too.) But, who laughs at their kids? Not me.

      Delete
  4. Kindy? Holy cow!
    No scratching and no tongue poking should be everybody's mantra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pre-kindy (two afternoons a week). She starts full-time kindy next year. A year too late in my eyes. She's desperate for friends her own age and is into singing and dress-ups and pretending ... all the kindy-type stuff.

      Tongue poking ... good point.

      Delete
  5. I do hope that everyone at Kindy is her friend because otherwise, they'll need to watch out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah enemies, be alert, not alarmed. And be on your toes or there may be broken skin.

      Delete
  6. aaaah, thats the real sound of a youngest, dear Carmel!
    My twins told their younger sister 'please don't hurt the other children in kindy!' at her first day.....hahahah
    There is a very special dynamic between siblings, no?

    Enjoy your next step, Hon.

    Hugs and kisses to you
    love
    xo Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope getting ready for school went well. Grandson #1, who usually loves going off to play with his friends, hated his new shirt this morning and was sure there was a wood chip in his shoe from the playground yesterday, although he didn't feel a wood chip last night when he went to pick up sushi with his dad.

    I had forgotten the photo of the sandwich stuck to her bottom. That was adorable! She is so grown up and beautiful now...and apparently quite capable of taking care of herself in the event that she meets someone disagreeable at school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank the Lord for Korean au pairs.
    You eat again.
    Have you thought of thick gloves snd a muzzle?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must visit the Koren market here. We have a lot of Korean immigrants living nearby. One of whom is my adopted daughter.
    xo

    p.s. Don't let anyone get in your way Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They tape their nails at netball games apparently.
    Mine started three days last week. Next year prep. How did we get out of sync?
    Reminds me of that grand ol' Yo Gabba Gabba ditty..."Don't, don't, don't bite your friends!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same, there is some great plastic ware to be found in an Asian shop, it looks like it was manufactured in the 60's. We have a great water scoop thingy the I use for washing small heads in the bath.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes ... the scratching. Such a swift & effective weapon you never see coming! Useless for a nail biter like me. When Miss Flea was between the ages of 1 -2 years I used to tell people who didn't know her well, that if picking her up, face Miss Flea outwards. This meant only your hands would be scratched & not your face. If you'd seen my hands 4 years ago, you would have sworn I had an angry cat at home. Btw ... I never make it past the biscuit section of an Asian food store either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where is your Asian supermarche?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please!! Moomin's snacks?? I want to have an asian supermarket here too. The new kid looks nice. Do you think I could get a korean au pair for the cats?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two afternoons a week! That's called a playdate, she looks ready for prep! Liongirl is doing the 4yo kindy thing now which at 2 days a week is not compensating for the fact that she wants to be in prep. She is not a biter or scratcher, but is armed with a killer pinch if required and is a gold medal contender in the " run at your legs as fast as she can to head butt you in the pubic bone" manoeuvre. Takes my breath away every time, probably only a concern for the kindy teacher though not the friends! mel x

    ReplyDelete