There are some areas of the Gold Coast I tend to steer clear of. One of areas is Southport. But I'd heard that there was a cheap Japanese dollar store there, and I did everthing I could to get to it during these holidays.
Like the sign says, everything is $2.80 (special items excluded ie three Hello Kitty pots).
I made two trips and on both occasions spent more than I thought I would.
I stocked up on Miffy and Hello Kitty like it is going out of style. Which it's not.
We bought crayons and colouring books and glasses and bowls.
Chopsticks and plasticware.
Sponges and placemats.
Below is part of my first haul, I've stashed most of it away for kids' birthday presents.
It's like a drug, man.





















Be my dealer! :)
ReplyDeleteCat bowl love!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!!! I love that the dollar store is now $2.80. Our dollar store here is craptastic China junk. Still $1.00.
ReplyDeletexo
Those bowls are so, so cute! I'd go crazy buying things for the boys there.
ReplyDelete:D You found the mothership :) I really hope that Daisio opens more stores in Australia ie outside of Melbourne. Daisio is like the Southport store but with maybe triple or more the variety of items :D
ReplyDeleteDid you get any of the kids hair washing shields or did you just look at them and laugh?