My recent Japanese haul included a book on styling kids' lunchboxes. Well, I think that's what it's a book about, as I can't read Japanese. It's definitely not a book about how to train for a marathon, and it's not a novel.
It appears to describe and detail how you can style these cute lunchboxes.
For instance, I think these mushrooms are eggs, tomatoes, tiny cheese circles and finely sliced seaweed. But I could be wrong.
I'm not purposefully targetting all-things-Japanese, but when I told Solid Gold Dancers #2 & #3 they were getting no more Lego for their birthdays, for some reason, instead, I bought them Japanese nanoblocks which are about a-tenth the size of Lego and incredibly complicated because the instructions are in Japanese. Below is a Giraffe, I know that much.
In other cute Japanese news, I follow Mihonogi on instagram. More, specifically, I follow her poodle Pino. You can see more of Pino here.
I love photos of Pino running and jumping. And photos of Pino just looking damn adorable and poodle-ish.
The end.
Too funny, Carmel. Fin. J x
ReplyDeleteYou just never know when you're going to learn something really useful. I've pinned all sorts of pictures of cute food styling for kids, but I could never come up with a solution for eyes and a mouth (or anything black, for that matter). Who knew nori would work? I love to make sushi, so I always have some in my pantry. Thanks to this post, my grandsons will finally get some cute lunches!
ReplyDeleteOh, now I have to go and follow Pino! Cute! Do you have Daiso up there? I think that's like the Jap store you went into and went crazy, I do the same thing! The kid's addicted as well, will try and remember to post some pics of our stuff too.
ReplyDeleteThat food looks amazing, but who has the time to do that??
ReplyDeleteI really like that mini lego. I bought a bunny a while ago now and it was difficukt keeping the tiny pieces in place. Maybe it is easier for tiny fingers?
x
ps I follow Pino too. How freakishly cute is that pooch?
If you had a very cute poodle liked Pino with a Teddy Bear hair trim, she could help you translate maybe.
ReplyDeleteHow hilarious. Pino looks better groomed than my kids! xx
ReplyDeleteWe have also put the kibosh on Lego forever as we have too much and the small one will be swimming in all the hand me down Lego.
ReplyDeleteAs for that poodle...Methinks you should get thee to a poodle boutique STAT!
I love Legos and now have the perfect reason to buy some. Get thee a poodle, post haste. Let's see your lunch box artistic creations too.
ReplyDeletemy grandmother used to style food for me. She made cheese that looked like a piggy. Her intention was to make me eat more but she got the opposite result. The little vegetarian in me felt like the piggy cheese was being killed if I ate it and so it stayed on my plate untouched. I still can't eat gummy bears too. They're cute.
ReplyDeleteI fear I'm in too deep on the Lego front! I need an Architect and I'm willing to wait!
ReplyDeleteRemind me in thrifty years if he has not designed his Mama a house by then! .......or hopefully a child prodigy ......how's Architecture as an occupation going at you place?