A Target turtle-neck and a vintage smock which arrived in the mail yesterday.
The smock came with this sticker.
It took me a few seconds for the sticker's anti-nuclear theme to sink in ... I don't think about nuclear weapons that often.
They're off the radar a bit, nowadays, unless of course one lives in South Korea.
This is an old dog.
I was thinking that tonight would be the night that we'd take him to the vet for the last time.
But he's rallied and he won't stop following me around (I think he's watching his back), so we've all been given a reprieve from grief.
I jest and joke, but really, I wish his old enlarged heart would just do what it is that I don't want to ask the vet to do. I have to stop crying on the bus.
Do you have those 'family' stickers on your car?
If so, you won't want to cut this person off in traffic. Just warning.
I read this this morning ...
While I waited for this shoppe to open.
I wanted to peruse its Bitossi range.
And get a gander at its selection of Acapulco chairs ... you can get all sorts of colours.
Also, in another shoppe, there was some very cute Danish dolls' furniture.
Can you see a new Spotty Cat just there on the left? I've gotta say, that dolls' furniture was beautiful. It would make a lovely Christmas present.
And look at that cute Princess all-agitated because of a pea under her mattresses.
In one of the shoppes, I ran into a girl I went to school with, and haven't seen for 15-odd years. She was exactly the same. Nothing wrong with that. Do you think we're always the same? I hope I'm not the same. I was an idiot.
Anyone thinking of starting a blog? Come on ...











I'm not a big fan of those family stickers, but that's taking your aggression to a whole new level. That said, I'd have a hard time handling my aggression if I drove a Suzuki Swift :)
ReplyDeleteHow was AP Design? I tried to visit two Sunday's ago but they were closed, so I had to satisfy my design longing by pressing my nose against the glass and peeking inside..
I love the funky blue retro pottery owl. Did you make any purchases? Or was it a browse only day?
ReplyDeleteAlecia,
ReplyDeleteI'm not a fan of the family stickers either, but I wouldn't go to that extreme to express my feelings ... Arms are for hugging, and all.
AP Design was quite nice ... I really didn't get a good look because I was pressed. But there are nice cushions and bits-and-pieces. I hope she does all right.
AFW,
the owl was my favourite too. I was just browsing ... pondering the real need to add to the collection?
I dislike the Family stickers, along with the school stickers which ponce on about what sport your kids do (apologies to people who have said poncy stickers ;-)
ReplyDeleteOh no, have become all teary looking at your gorgeous old poodle. Have been having a few sad moments of late thinking about my old dearly departed dogs. Soooooo much bad dog showing nasty crazy people shit tied up with them that I could write many blog posts about. Hey ... maybe I start up a new blog about all the nutbags I met whilst dog showing because let me tell you, the movie "Best In Show" was a documentary. Those people are FOR REAL!
What a fun shop love the furniture and those blue vases....your poor dog!
ReplyDeletewhat a horrid person to have a sticker like that!
So you're saying there's a shop down the road with Bitossi in it that I could just look at and maybe drool on just a little if I followed up quickly with a nappy wipe? And you're saying that you were shopping on a Wednesday with free time and maybe even relaxing? And you're saying there are people who still like those smarmy, silly stickers that would totally obscure my rear window if all the kids and chickens were on there? (Gallows may be a bit of an overstatement.)
ReplyDeleteAmen Annie.
ReplyDeleteWere those all op shops you were perusing? They put ours to shame. Martha looks all grown up in that outfit.
xo
p.s. I got some drool worthy mail from Anna.
its sad when people don't grow...i hope im just the same as i was when i was 8 not 18!
ReplyDeleteOh Noodle!!!! bless his heart enlarged or not.
xoxo
Oh i LOATHE those family car stickers, i've seen those tasteful ones you pointed out too (in Qld, not the ACT, we're too sweet here) & also ones with graves, which i'm still trying to work out, are they miscarriages or did the parents kill off some children to keep the others in line??
ReplyDeleteSuper cute apple dress, i had the matching shorts in 1980 only on terry towelling in orange, hell yeah!!
I bump into old school friends in Sydney (Chatswood Westfield to be precise, it was our shopping haunt then & now) & apparently i haven't changed, just added 4 children, which still shocks those who haven't thought to marry or get pregnant yet, then again, shocked them 10 years ago too. It's such an instant 'sum up' of what we've done since school, Uni, husband, children, houses, fascinating to me those who never left the North Shore of Sydney, lucky ducks (rich ducks). I ran off to Darwin for love, yay for love. Love Posie
I'm with Stephanie, hoping I'm closer to 8 than what I am. In a way. Awful sticker, beautiful furniture - Edda has a few pieces.
ReplyDeleteSweetest old Noodle; just keep on following her around. That's my best advice.
Love always, Noodle.
Oh bugger, forgot the "arms are for hugging" statement & was only reminded when the word verification was 'tanks' so i raise your arms & will blow you away with my tank power. Enough for now, love Posie
ReplyDeleteI realise that's a terribly nasty sticker, but it did give me a good chuckle. I tailgate people trying to work out whether they have seven children, or are some dogs, cats or guinea-pigs.
ReplyDeleteA pleasant change from the frangipani sticker era at least.
Oh, dear Noodle.
ReplyDeleteSaint Noodle, in fact.
A better person I have never met.
Loving, giving , hugging legs, handsome - life's rare companion.
He has always had a big heart. it's only now failing him,poor dear old gentleman.
How many people grow old so gracefully?
Please buy Spotty Dog, even for me to present to #3.
Some temptations of merit in those shops.
I always knew you had a will of iron to walk out without crediting a card.
How desperately savage must be that owner of the Suzuki Swift. In a car of that size one could fit only a budgie. So, it must be pure envy.
If I were in hugging proximity to you I would definitely use my arms to hug you. I hope your dogs enjoys his last lovely days and goes in peace. I had to take mine to that last vet visit and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but it would have been mean to let her live in pain.
ReplyDeleteI think the owner of that car with the rude stickers needs a hug too.
I think that the anti-family car sticker is a little harsh - but I must say I can't stand those family car stickers. They are second only to the 'school'sticker as my pet hate during my driving day. Sorry... does that make me a 'sticker snob'?
ReplyDeleteI was wondering how old Noodle was getting on - it must be very hard : ( Sending you a big hug . Lovin that dolly furniture , I can sense it will be filling someones Christmas stocking?
ReplyDeleteGo on and cry girl. We just took my mom's dog, (which was ours at one time) to the vet for the final visit. I cried buckets. Still crying. Our own little buddy is about to make his final visit too. I need to stop crying and store up some tears for the next one.
ReplyDeleteI also just missed my 40 year reunion, on purpose. I have nothing in common with those old people. I'm still in my thirties....in my mind.
The Bitossi photo makes me want to scream.
I have been wondering about Noodle. Oh gosh, it's just so hard. I know what you mean about just wishing you didn't have to make the decision. Before Charlie we had another family dog, a poodle called April. She had an enlarged heart and ended up dying in my arms in the car as we pulled into the vets carpark. I kind of felt blessed. That was so long ago but I tear up now thinking about it!
ReplyDeleteGive Noodle a little bit more of a chance. I found a website the other day called Rolling Dog Ranch. It's run by a couple in the US who look after unwanted and disabled dogs and horses. It's worth a look. What amazing people.
hang in there Noodle!!
x
You should get an Acapulco chair or two for summer. And some more Bitossi.
ReplyDeleteI do feel for you re: poor Noodle. I couldn't bear to have to make the decision either and would cry about it as well. xx
Cutest vintage smock! And have had my eye on that princess for a while...
ReplyDeleteGive your doggie a hug for me! It is very tough to make that big of a decision. I hope my pup Bmer lives forever... I tell him everyday he must. I live in a fantasy land most of the time!!
ReplyDelete- Pam aka Daughter #2
Oooh Noodle, sad times. We have lots of arms for hugging.
ReplyDeleteNoodle will tell you when the time is right for him to go. Dogs know better. Hug him and kiss him for me. And a big hug for you...you know I know how heartbreaking it is.
ReplyDeleteI hope Noodle falls asleep peacefully one day. Our family dog did that in one of his favourite spots amongst the ferns.
ReplyDeleteBitossi blue is beautiful.