Saturday, October 8, 2011

3 Danes, 2 Germans and 1 Italian ...


Here's my personal Christmas selection of vases which I promised to reveal to you.  They're all from the one source - 1001 Vintage - in the Netherlands. That source be here.


I love how these two match. Yes, they are exquisite. They'd look good in my Royal Copenhagen collection. That's not a collection of the aristocracy from Denmark's Capital, but a collection of Danish blue-patterned ceramics (one vase constitutes a collection, in my books).


Below are a couple of Germans which I wouldn't snub my nose at. From the same merchant.


I like this orange one, as it'd look good in my orange collection. That's not a collection of citrus, but a collection of orange-coloured earthenware.


And below, is a piece of Bitossi which I emailed back-and-forth about, but the postage from America was enough to cripple the Copenhagen Royals so I had to walk away. Sad.


I'm not sure I've ever seen such a magnificent bit (of) ossi. From here.

20 comments:

  1. Love them all but the fourth one the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definatly shuffle over and make room for those royal copenhagen ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little blue knight is lovely but the postage is prohibitive isn't it? Get the kids onto a bit of paper mache and blue paint and cross your fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stuff. The postage is such a bummer. I have no smart ideas on the matter. I do think you deserve a piece though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well any of those would be welcome at my place, that's for sure. I didn't dare look at the postage for that last one. I did not feel like being outraged tonight! Which one will you get? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. None probably,
    dear Carmel?
    I sob for you!
    What a exquitite collection is here on you wish list...

    x Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Ariane,
    yes, it is an unspeakable tragedy. But, I struggle on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice stuff!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blue. Postage is a curse. sob.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty collection,
    and i can\t help but think of the FLOWERS
    that would go well in them!

    we have a few vases in sweden at my parents place i need to picture for you. hope i will remember...once i go again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This collection makes me think that I ought to ramble, not only the woods, but also the basement, They all look like something I would have placed down there... for safe keepings, of course!
    I will keep you posted :)
    Loev Lilli

    ReplyDelete
  12. That last one was the definite bees'knees.
    So cheap over there but one would need a money tree with increasing postage.
    What a pain.
    I'd stop looking I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are beautiful - particularly the blue matching pieces. I hope Santa reads your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Drooling over that first lovely German! Good eye, MMM-C, good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are all rather nice. I think the first one is my favourite.
    The last is just laughin' at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Just finished looking through an auction catalogue and thought of this post. Scammells Auctions here in Adelaide are having an Internet Auction of Mid Century stuff next Monday night (17th). Saw some Royal Copenhagen stuff on there. Hopefully the postage isn't as high?! Scammellauctions.com.au Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. imagine what would happen to all these pretty vases in a house full of cats.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perhaps you could have the children mould a knight for you and have it glazed in blue? I'd like a horse head too if they've got any potential in this department.

    ReplyDelete