Sunday, October 9, 2011

How Apple shaped me into the woman I am today.



Seen Here

Circa 1981, I cut my gaming teeth on one of these ...


I'd spend hours, sweaty-browed, paddle in hand, slogging-it-out on this ...


I was a take-no-prisoners, arcade-game maniac.


Sneakers ... read about it here. Don't think you can beat me.

12 comments:

  1. Oh too funny. That was so cutting edge in its day. Much like computer tennis...

    And weren't some of those New Yorker readers offended by that Pearly Gates cartoon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, those were the days. I remember using a commodore computer in grade 6 but didn't really get into computers until I was at uni. How times have changed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember playing Space Invaders at the Regatta hotel when it wasn't retro. I only got interested in the last few years really. That cartoon looks like it might have been waiting around to be used, cheeky buggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brismod,
    were people offended? I didn't know that! I thought it was cute.

    SarahB, I was only into the games. I remember the World Wide Web confusing me sometime in my 20s.

    Annie,
    I used to just drink alcohol at the Regatta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were Commodore computers, Apple? My best friend had one & I was soooo jealous. Not really sure what we were able to do on it. Ping pong I think? And to save any information she'd typed ... just whack in a cassette to record it onto. What would our kids think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cartoon. We had a commodore 64 and the girls (ages 2+3) could handle it better than I could.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, this is a whole new side of you that I didn't know existed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brismod,
    just read that some people were offended because Jobs was a buddhist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we had a zx81. not cool at all. I remember my dad trying to teach me how to write code to make a space invader move across the screen when i was 9. I've still not recovered from the tedium. and I still have a crap ie non-apple computer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oy, how lovely>oldschool!!!
    i remember the first computer i learned what exactly on?
    it was a black screen with green letters.
    my mobile phone today is exactly the opposite. no touchscreen, no camera! people are giggling when they see it, and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sad for steve. He was my idol. Working as a designer and graphic designer and bla bla bla, his products are essential to me. My iMac is my best friend. Don't tell the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The olden days. Our first computer was an Apple 2C. It may hold the record for smallest monitor ever made!

    ReplyDelete