Monday, March 5, 2012

Shadow boxing

I just finished a dolls' house/shadow box.


Really, they're so easy. It's just a matter of sanding back the old paint, slapping on some new stuff and putting some wallpaper somewhere.


Remember it? This is what it used to look like. $10 it cost me. 

Not much different from how it looks today, you might think.


But my hands were tied with the whole 'pink' thing. Someone insisted it had to be 'pink'.


I'm hoping we'll put things in there and it'll look good as a shadow box.





I'd love an i-phone, as opposed to a wayne-phone.

15 comments:

  1. It looks nothing like the start love the floor....quite swanky indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wallpaper and I bet Miss Pink approves. So cute! Woof from Molly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polkadot Heidi,
    thank you. You're always so kind with your comments. You're an Alaskan treasure.

    SarabB,
    that Molly! She's my favourite poodle-cross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are in good form with your wallpaper floors MMMC. Makes even a pink item look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies, there's nothing wrong with pink!!! Martha knows what's what. Good job Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martha will probably use it more than the big one! It's like the granny flat. I see by the walls that you are still counting down. Will there be any more posts from your hacienda, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see the pink putsch is a problem.
    The shadow box is perfect for small fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that wayne phone. Does it have apps? I'm all about useless apps that look like they can solve your life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started with some sort of puppy phone - think it was Wayne's pet. Just go get one. They're fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very pretty perfectly Martha sized house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Wayne phone is almost identical to mine. Really.
    Lark are selling those dolls' house shadow boxes for $90(!) btw...

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, I've never seen a Wayne-Phone! Way cooler than the iphone in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO sweet! Your blog is just lovely; I'm a new follower! ♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. that wallpaper rocks! just like the wayne phone, way cooler than an iphone..

    and i love the advice you gave to martha. indeed useful to anyone!

    ReplyDelete