Friday, March 2, 2012

Lounge Room

It's only taken me two-and-a-half years,


but I think I've managed to clean the lounge room.

32 comments:

  1. Um ... gorgeous much!!! Aren't you moving? Is this the old house then??? Loving the new banner too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Miss A-G, old house. I'm just amazed at how different things look when you pack the clutter away in boxes and you toss superfluous furniture!

      Less is more. Less is more.

      Delete
  2. Giggles. Love the look, we don't do indoor plants, one day we will.
    I'm so over moving houses & changing lounge rooms. I can't wait to build the mother of all living spaces & finally have a lounge room suitable for our family, as children grow, they just need so much space, it's incredible. We have a 12 seater King Furniture lounge, still not big enough for 4 children, as they all star fish!! That is during the 5 minutes they actually stop long enough. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posie,
      we had a big couch, but we ditched it! I agree, they lounge over it like walruses.

      Now, everyone sits on the floor. I actually prefer it this way.

      I think I'll cull even more once we unpack boxes. I even turfed the Christmas tree!

      Delete
  3. Jeez this is gorgeous Carmel!
    So much space!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you. I'm quite shocked at how neat it looks. Shame all the vases are in boxes though.

      Delete
  4. Woohoo! Magazine ready! Get onto the phone to Vogue!
    Ps it looks really fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, get on the phone or onto Vogue, not both :)

      Delete
  5. And a very nice lounge room it is too Carmel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsers. That looks so fab! Indeed less is more. I have trouble with that concept - you do it well sister. I can't believe that's the same lounge room i saw mid-move. Hope you're enjoying the new place.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glamorous Liz,
      don't fear, the rest of the house still looks as it did when you were here!

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful room! It's lean and lucious and so tastefully done. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous, gorgeous space MMMC. I am impressed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! That looks like my lounge room...kind of. The chairs are the same. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous room. I think I'll tackle mine when I thaw out.
    xo

    Hubby's mantra is More is More. Not mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, dear Carmel,
    its like in the Australian Vogue Living!

    Congrats,
    x Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowie, what lovely furniture you have! When are you guys moving?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to pretend we're moving tomorrow and hire a big dumpster. We did that three years ago and now have a whole new house full of headaches! Good Job Carmel! That room is amazing. Now will you please describe everything in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might describe it all once I move it all. How's that?

      The chairs have an interesting history, as does the rug.

      Sideboards are mis-matched, cheap ebay purchases.

      Delete
  14. Did you really ditch the couch? You are so committed. Extreme moving, Carmel! Now you just have to reproduce it in the new house. Funny how little we really need when we come to it. I am being held hostage by small fisher price figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we ditched the couch. Really, it wasn't ours anyway. I can't wait to open boxes and remember stuff I'd forgotten!

      Delete
  15. That plant! That Buffet on the buffet!! Perfect. We have a very similar lounge soooeeet heading our way very soon. It will need a little love. Is yours reupholded (I made up that word)? Or original? It's gorgeous. When do you move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chairs have been upholstered. Very cheaply when we lived in Toowoomba. I wish I'd kept the original coverings because they were something so gorgeous I have the pattern etched in the memory.

      Delete
  16. It looks like something straight out of a magazine shoot....fabulosa!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi. That's too nice of you to say. Funny Alaskan.

      Delete
  17. I want that giant lego head like nobody's business....it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could keep makeup in the Lego Head ... which would make sense in a way. We got ours from Target, and I've seen them on Scandi blogs, so there's no reason why Canada wouldn't have them kicking around a mall somewhere.

      Delete
  18. Love your room! Are the chairs Fler Narvik? Need more pics please, when your new home is setup!
    Nice to have a name to the blog, Carmel. Also thanks for your frequent visits to my blog...sharing is great! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the giant lego head! That room looks so inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so in love with your chairs, wonderful room!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning.
    I think this lounge room is going to turn up on Pinterest no doubt. What a gorgeous room. The potplant looks fantastic; and your furniture magnificently mid-century.
    'Tis indeed the year of the potplant I concur. Blogger keeps shutting down and not letting me comment. I'm not in Adelaide either.

    ReplyDelete